Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

FCC plug issue

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
wetskier2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wetskier2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FCC plug issue
    Posted: June-24-2018 at 10:17pm
Drained the FCC today. went to put the plug back in, went fine at first, tightened up then felt like it was stripping. Felt around down there to find the bung the brass plug goes into is spinning. I have not pulled the FCC yet, but will... What will I find? Repairable? Anyone know?
Current: 1997 Nautique

Previous: 1987 Nautique

1964 American Skier
wetskier2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wetskier2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2018 at 11:27am
Turns out that right there in the engine manual it says use a 3/4 wrench to hold what I thought was a bung on the bottom of the FCC while putting the brass plug back in. All is well with that. New filter installed.

Unfortunately, the cutting out continues... Once the engine has been driven a bit and fairly warm, it will cut out completely while underway. Has happened at both kneeboard and slalom speeds. Then while we still have good momentum, it will start back up. Any ideas?
Current: 1997 Nautique

Previous: 1987 Nautique

1964 American Skier
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2018 at 11:47am
Originally posted by wetskier2000 wetskier2000 wrote:

Turns out that right there in the engine manual it says use a 3/4 wrench to hold what I thought was a bung on the bottom of the FCC while putting the brass plug back in. All is well with that. New filter installed.

Unfortunately, the cutting out continues... Once the engine has been driven a bit and fairly warm, it will cut out completely while underway. Has happened at both kneeboard and slalom speeds. Then while we still have good momentum, it will start back up. Any ideas?

More info on what the engine is would be helpful but if I am guessing blind its a low pressure fuel pump on its way out.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic