NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Skier windshield

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
ETALLEN View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ETALLEN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Skier windshield
    Posted: July-04-2018 at 1:13am
Hey guys.
Back on the CC hunt, getting t-boned followed by back surgery killed the hunt for a few months plus. I have been on the hunt for something that could fit into a 21' garage depth on a trailer. I basically limited to a Skier, Mustang 16/17(?) and the Ski Tique's. That being said I had a friend of a friend tell me about his uncle's old 73 skier within a hour of my location. Boat appears to be all there minus the windshield and carb. Windshield got killed by hay bail kicking out the tent stake holding up the cover and the carb got "stolen" after it was removed to do an intake gasket replacement. Intake/gasket still needed but hour meter only reads 381 on the clock(last ran 2.5 years ago (???)). All interior is there just 40+ years old. I don't have high hopes for the stringers being great, but I'm down with the idea of project.

Question is- it was originally a rounded windshield. After a few internet searches it seems like a rare item. If push came to shove and I had to commit the sin of going non original could a square skier windshield fit or even a mustang 16 windshield fit without major issues. Price seems a little high for a project but I wouldn't be driving 8+ hours to look at a boat I may or may not want.

Thanks in advance for any info on the topic
the final price is always cheaper when the beer is free
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2018 at 10:10am
https://knoxville.craigslist.org/boa/d/1973-correct-craft-skier/6634040032.html
ETALLEN View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ETALLEN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2018 at 12:23pm
TRBenj,

Ha one with a decent windshield but same intake issue. Wonder what happened to his carb.   The one I was looking at was 15mins outside of Athens with a blue hull

93/70 ccpb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 93/70 ccpb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2018 at 11:17pm
did you buy the skier?i have a barracuda split glass windshield ,72 across .pm me if intersted
what you dont want to hear from jbear and bill.you cant get in the boat till you get your minute,and they throw you back in water!
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2018 at 12:06am
Barracuda is much wider so it wouldn’t fit the narrower mustang/skier... and the skier only ever used the one piece anyways.
ETALLEN View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ETALLEN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2018 at 2:35am
I thought the same thing too but then I looked at the 1975 brochure in the reference section. The skier has the split windshield similar to the mustang that same year.

No I had planned on going to look at the other one in Knoxville over the holiday weekend but got sidetracked with a nice batch of kidney stones. If I can break away from work early one evening or one day this weekend going to make the rounds and view the one in Knoxville and pull the other one out of the barn for a more formal viewing.
Anyone have any input on the skier ride handling etc etc??
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2018 at 9:01am
I was referring to the curved style windshield... the 1gen mustang (65-70) used a very similar one, with a 2-piece curved glass version optional. The Cuda got that very similar curved glass 2-piece style but it’s wider. The Skier only got the more basic one piece version of the curved. The optional skier windshield is square framed... it may have started coming Standard in ‘74 but was available back to ‘71. The 2gen Mustang (16) used the same one (standard, as it was a more upscale boat than the Skier).
ETALLEN View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ETALLEN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2018 at 11:40am
Got a few pics from the Knoxville skier that aren't in the ad. I could be wrong but I didn't think diamond plate on the floor in front of the motor was a factory offering. I will post them when I can figure out how to do it from my phone
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2018 at 11:51am
ETALLEN View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ETALLEN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2018 at 11:53am
I am an anomaly I don't use Apple products. I have a Google pixel 2, everytime I try to hit the tree with the up Arrow it takes me to my camera
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2018 at 12:15pm
Yeah, direct uploads from phones/tablets dont work. This was a pretty good fix for iphone/ipad users, but doesnt do you much good. As suggested in that thread, experiment with other 3rd part hosting sites. Did you try the IMGBB or RV.NET offerings? Not sure if they were apple specific or not, but if jbear can do it, anyone can.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2018 at 12:18pm
Imgur works ok as well.

Floors were Vinyl wrapped ply in 71-72. 73 was a bit of a mixed bag ( possibly some carpet on the floor but maybe not the walls?) but definitely no diamond plate in any of them (or any other cc model, ever).
ETALLEN View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ETALLEN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2018 at 4:46pm
Finally made it back into the office and had a chance to transfer the photos to the computer and then to here. Looks original but who knows the condition of the motor, and the carpet is something

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2018 at 5:49pm
Ethan,
Look like the diamond plate is there to reinforce the pylon. I suspect there's rot below!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
ETALLEN View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ETALLEN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2018 at 6:30pm
Yeah, I'm sure it's full of rot. 2k seems steep for what it is, 1/2 that still seems a little high
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic