Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

AM195 Found

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
FNG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FNG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2018 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

James,
The issue with the inline fuel filter is if it meets USCG regs with the hose barb arrangement plus if it's rated for the high pressure side of the fuel pump. The hose used needs the rating as well.

Then, Ken mentioned the distributor being automotive as it has the vacuum advance. A marine is a mechanical advance.

What do you know about the PO? Looks like he really "pieced" the engine and boat together!

I have zero knowledge of its history.
FNG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FNG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2018 at 7:38pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

James,
The issue with the inline fuel filter is if it meets USCG regs with the hose barb arrangement plus if it's rated for the high pressure side of the fuel pump. The hose used needs the rating as well.

Then, Ken mentioned the distributor being automotive as it has the vacuum advance. A marine is a mechanical advance.

What do you know about the PO? Looks like he really "pieced" the engine and boat together!

Pete I don't know any history on the boat. This came from auction and I have not reached out to the previous owner.
FNG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FNG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2018 at 7:47pm
I will see if I can give him a ring tonight and see if he can explain what's going on with this thing..
FNG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FNG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2018 at 9:55am
I was able to speak to the PO's brother last night. He informed me that the engine in the boat is a 351 they pulled out of a car or truck many years ago. I will look up the casting number when I get a chance. He confirmed my suspicion that the boat has been out of service for 10-15 years. But "it was a goin' S.O.B." when it was running I was told.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2018 at 10:03am
James,
I'm curious as to the engine rotation since they used an automotive engine. Take a look at the prop or even better, take a picture of it. Which way does it turn to push the boat forward? Then see if you can get a firing order off the engine tag. With the first generation hull, the rotation can make a big difference in how the boat handles.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
FNG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FNG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2018 at 1:07pm
That was one of the first things that came to mind when he told me that. I will get you more info soon.
FNG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FNG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2018 at 2:04pm
Intake has a 289 stamped on it. when aft of the boat the propeller turns clockwise to make forward thrust. I will get some pictures up asap.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2018 at 2:43pm
James,
If the prop turns clockwise in forward then it sounds like the engine is a reverse rotation. That's a big plus.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
FNG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FNG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2018 at 12:30am
Well I found time to put a little marvel mystery oil in each cylinder and the engine pulled over without any issues.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic