NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

small block ford

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: small block ford
    Posted: June-03-2004 at 5:18pm
Reid,

you are correct. The flange looks exactly the same but there are two extra holes on the 351 in the middle of the front corners and a couple of other differences. I've looked into it and they are not the same pans.
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2004 at 4:06pm
I've got a pan and pick-up tube but it's from a 302, and isn't the oil pan slightly different on the 351? I think when we did a 302 to 351 short block swap a few years back we needed a new pan along with the other itmes. Verify for sure and let me know.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2004 at 5:15pm
Does anyone have a junk block with the oil pan still on it? I need a oil pan and the pick-up tube for the oil pump. Trying to save shelling out $250+ to vince.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic