Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1997 sport GT40 ticking at idle

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
McCoy 1990 ski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McCoy 1990 ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1997 sport GT40 ticking at idle
    Posted: July-20-2018 at 4:44pm
I seem to have the same ticking problem that I found in an old post, went out yesterday and made a full throttle run. shut engine off and when restarted noticed a ticking sound. On idle its not as loud as when its increased to 1500 or so and also noticed its got a double tap sound when returning to idle. I am 40 years master certified technician and have found this post. I will bore scope and compression and leak down today,
If it is the same piston skirt sound I would like to know if anyone knows the root cause (lean) and what can be done to prevent this after the repair. 1997 sport nautique 285hrs. Somewhere I seen reference to a PCM service bulletin for piston shrinkage, if anyone has a copy or direction for the repair of the root cause. Sorry to jump ahead without inspection, but think this is probably whats wrong. Also if reboring the engine, any suggestions on piston replacement that is better (teflon skirts)? Thanks
McCoy 1990 ski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McCoy 1990 ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2018 at 4:48pm
Sorry, didn't see it posted in engine repair.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic