NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Back with a new project....

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 234
Author
Treybizttu View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treybizttu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2019 at 8:16pm

Tis in there.
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2019 at 8:27pm
Amazing to me that pan has room to fit in the bilge.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2019 at 11:35pm
You’re gonna have to yank that thing back out, the distributor’s on the wrong end of the motor!!!
Must be some kind of a reject.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treybizttu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2019 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by gun-driver gun-driver wrote:

You’re gonna have to yank that thing back out, the distributor’s on the wrong end of the motor!!!
Must be some kind of a reject.

My buddy helping me with the forklift had never seen a v-drive and kept telling me to turn it around.
gt40KS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gt40KS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2019 at 2:50pm
Wow, congrats it's finally in there! Shouldn't be long now
JCCI
1995 Ski Nautique GT40
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treybizttu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2019 at 5:46pm
I also got my plug wires today.. The box was from PCM directly and had a hand written note that said "last set..." with a date on it.

(I was going to run MSD or DUI wires If I needed to but liked the idea of OEM).

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treybizttu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-09-2019 at 3:29pm
Dropped off the face of the planet.

She runs and drives. Few electrical/dash issues to iron out but we used it every day last week.

502 sounds just lovely.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treybizttu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2019 at 8:05pm
Got the wiring fixed up. Need to address a small leak at the rudder.

But, oil pressure is lower than I was hoping after 7 hours of break-in/ babying. :(
I'm finding varying reports of what to expect as far as cold/warm pressure goes but I picked up a mechanical gauge today to see what it says this weekend. (Was 10-15 on warm idle, 35ish 3k rpm or less)....Little higher when it's cold especially at idle.

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2019 at 9:13pm
You know oil pressure isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. You know 7-10 years ago I had seen a blurb about F1 engines running around 10-15 psi. Oil pumping robs hp. I know someone with a new car, it’s gauge shows 23 psi until it gets over 3k rpms. It uses 0w-20 oil. Maybe the engine builder went with newer machining spec’s on yours, maybe it won’t burn a quart of oil a week like the 502 that was in my work truck!
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Crmaverick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crmaverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2019 at 11:05pm
Nothing wrong with that oil pressure you’re getting atleast 10 psi per thousand rpms at operating temps
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treybizttu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2019 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

You know oil pressure isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. You know 7-10 years ago I had seen a blurb about F1 engines running around 10-15 psi. Oil pumping robs hp. I know someone with a new car, it’s gauge shows 23 psi until it gets over 3k rpms. It uses 0w-20 oil. Maybe the engine builder went with newer machining spec’s on yours, maybe it won’t burn a quart of oil a week like the 502 that was in my work truck!

So far oil consumption (only 7 hours) has been zero.

I'm optimistic it just made me a little nervous since I've ready about higher numbers from most other 502 folks.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treybizttu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2019 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by Crmaverick Crmaverick wrote:

Nothing wrong with that oil pressure you’re getting atleast 10 psi per thousand rpms at operating temps

Correct, Just a little low by comparison to other 502s. (i've read about anyway... nothing first hand)

Edit: Which of course might mean I'm overthinking it... Which I often do.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 234
  Share Topic