NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Happy day I think not

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Happy day I think not
    Posted: July-21-2018 at 2:43pm
Everyone says that selling your boat is the second happyest day.
I don’t feel that way at all, its actually a very sad day. I think back at all the things that happened with the boat. My two girls grew up on that boat, learned to ski on that boat lots of fond memories were made on that boat.

So Sad and being pulled by a rice burner

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2018 at 3:00pm
Paul,
Just keep thinking about all those good memories.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2018 at 6:16pm
I recognized your ear in pic #4
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
gt40KS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gt40KS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2018 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by gun-driver gun-driver wrote:

Everyone says that selling your boat is the second happyest day.
I don’t feel that way at all, its actually a very sad day. I think back at all the things that happened with the boat ...

I know how you feel, been there myself and I totally agree. I really think the only people that say that are those that don't really enjoy the water or the sport like we do - it's more of a necessary thing for whatever reason. My family and I have had the time of our lives with our boats and at the lakes and made countless memories. The day I sold my last boat, and the subsequent 5 years without were excruciatingly sad and dull   

Originally posted by gun-driver gun-driver wrote:

So sad and being pulled by a rice burner

JCCI
1995 Ski Nautique GT40
MACS81SN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACS81SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2018 at 1:34am
Have to agree with you Paul.   After having our 81 for nearly 33 years it was like selling off part of the family.   Our two daughters were still riding in it a week before they were born.   My kids along with more than I can recall other people’s kids grew up with that boat. As much as I like the 99 Ski, I still sometimes wonder if I did the right thing.   At least mine got towed away by a Chevy.
Mark

1999 -SN - 502 Python
1981 - SN Owned 33 years - Sold
1968 - Mustang - Sold

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic