Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gelcoat Match

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Otto Throttle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Otto Throttle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gelcoat Match
    Posted: July-30-2018 at 12:32am
I have a small repai to make on the boats bottom. I need a source for a SMALL amount of repair in the beige Master Series color.....any suggestions.

Thanks!

Otto
Otto
gt40KS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gt40KS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2018 at 2:24am
Call Nautique Parts to see if the beige is still available or call Spectrum Color directly. No one seems to list a Correct Craft beige, only the white bases. It may have to be custom matched.
JCCI
1995 Ski Nautique GT40
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2018 at 8:03am

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2018 at 11:21am
You will have to match the gel. I purchased the small Spectrum colors supplied by Nautique and they didn't match (or apply well if they are old - and most are kinda old). Years have altered the colors. My 91 base white turned out to need a hint of yellow to make it match.... and my deck gel after sanding is gleaming white - you would never think it needed yellow.
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2018 at 6:41pm
Spectrum seems to only be sold through www.Iboats.com Normally, you will have to buy a large amount but it is a great match. Most colors are no longer available. I-Boats.com
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2018 at 9:48pm
Is Mini-Craft gone?
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2018 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by BuffaloBFN BuffaloBFN wrote:

Is Mini-Craft gone?

Nope, they are still around too. Mini Craft of Florida.

It just seems that Spectrum was the gel company that Correct Craft used. I picked up some and it was a perfect match but i had to purchase a quart. I need a small amount of dark red and all they sell are gallons for Dark Red. Soon they want even offer it at all.
My other option is Mini Craft or a mix and match kit by evercoat. I know Gary Starr has had good result with Mini Craft of Florida.
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2018 at 11:57pm
It was good results in spite of them Don I had sent a piece in to them to match and it came back on the light side. I was able to darken it to what I needed. Was not worth the extra to cost have them do that.
The Spectrum match for the 95 was a little off also,too dark but that was on the 2 oz repair kit.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
GHTILL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GHTILL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2018 at 1:49pm
My repair from Spectrum that I purchased from NautiqueParts turned out to be pink for my 93' Silver cloud. Had to mix my own for further repairs. Using Gel coat repair from Polymerplanet. So far so good. The white gel coat base and mixed with their color pigments.
TWSS
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2018 at 2:07pm
It's been some time, but mini was spot on for me.
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
Blamey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blamey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2018 at 11:37pm
I had great results with the spectrum patch kit on my 09. Both the silver cloud and blue Valpour colors we're spot on.

Makes it less of an issue if I take a chunk out of the hull. My boat is also prone to spider cracks. Nice to know these won't cost me an arm and a leg. I do need some practice on my repairs but a couple I've done were undetectable.
96 Super Sport
Previously: 95 Sport Nautique, 1980 Ski Supreme
flyweed View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2018 at 3:23pm
I too have had great results on my 93 silver cloud color with a small patch jar kit from Spectrum..it's ALMOST exact. not quite. depending on sun or daylight..you can see the new gel coat where I patched..just barely noticeable. I feel the old original gel coat is just discolored a bit from weather, water and time. In a year or two, the new will probably blend in perfectly.
'93 Ski Nautique NWZ, Air Boom Tower
Drink Tonight..for tomorrow We Ride!
GHTILL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GHTILL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2018 at 12:35am

This is what I would call pink. Nautique Parts sent another batch from the supplier which was a little closer, but still noticeable.
TWSS
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic