NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ramlin bow stop dimensions wanted

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ramlin bow stop dimensions wanted
    Posted: August-07-2018 at 6:58pm
Someone have a trailer handy ? I'm looking for the size of the crash pads and what size is the steel channels used to hold them? Thanks

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
scottb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2018 at 3:36pm
I have the bow stop and crash pads off of my old Ram-Lin trailer for my 2000 Sport. I swapped it out for one that included a winch. If you are interested, it is yours.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2018 at 3:57pm
I am Scott, do you have a picture? Is it similar to the picture I used? My Phoenix trailer has a roller which never seems to work right
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
scottb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2018 at 4:15pm
It is exactly like the one in the picture, except the crash pads are the carpeting over wood rather than the new type.

I will try to get a picture tonight.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2018 at 4:56pm
Thanks
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
relake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote relake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2018 at 5:26pm
Scott, where did you get the one with a winch? Thanks
scottb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2018 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by relake relake wrote:

Since it was for a Ram-lin trailer, I had my Nautique dealer order it.
scottb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2018 at 9:51pm
Here you are, Gary.

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2018 at 11:27pm
Scott PM sent,thanks
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
relake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote relake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2018 at 9:37am
Originally posted by scottb scottb wrote:

Since it was for a Ram-lin trailer, I had my Nautique dealer order it.

Thanks for the info!
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2018 at 5:19pm

It seems like the newer trailers, newer than 2002 starting getting the wench at some time. My 2002 Ramlin does not have the wench. My best guess is around 2005 or so the bow stops starting having the square hole in the support for the strap to pass through.

Rumor is Ramlin is no longer making trailers. They always have other lines of business and I hear that is what they are working on now. I also heard that Boat Mate in Tennessee might of purchased the Ramlin Trailer line.

It seems like someone said that N3 boat works in Indy had a trailer parts grave yard that one might can be found. Also, it might be worth a call to White lake Marine in White Lake NC AKA Nautique Parts to see if they have one on hand.
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2018 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Someone have a trailer handy ? I'm looking for the size of the crash pads and what size is the steel channels used to hold them? Thanks

WOW! That's a great looking Spare Tire Cover you got there Gary!
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2018 at 6:43pm
That’s not mine Marty, I stole that picture from Chris Mars
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2018 at 1:35am
No more bow roller! I finally got my project mostly done,have to mount the winch and eventually make some new crash pads out of HDPE,just because I like that clean look. A big Thanks to Scott who saved me alot of work providing his old stop.
I bought my steel from Online Metals,but was a little unhappy that it took 9 days to receive it. Found out that when I took the parts to the welder that he had everything I needed anyway and at a better price.
Here is a few pictures of the process

This is the base that gets bolted to the frame of the trailer,I made it out of 1/2" since that is what it looks like Ramlin used on theirs-

This is the complete assembly,that inside square tube is how much needed to be added to the Ramlin stop, I'm guessing the way they mount the bunks directly on the frame that the boat sits lower on the trailer than Phoenix's

Here is the extension already welded up,getting a little bondo to finish it off.

Here is how I plan to mount the winch,but I needed the boat off first to be able to get in to drill the old roller support. If it does not work out,I'll cut it off and mount the winch like Ramlin does

Here it is in the correct position with the tilt pin in place. When I loaded the boat the ramp was pretty steep and due to that roller setup, the boat was about 1 1/2" too far forward. It will be another 9 months or so before it sits on the trailer again but I'm sure it will work much better.
Sorry for the crazy angle pictures,just got a new pc with windows 10,my old Vista never changed the picture but it looks like apple and microsoft are not seeing eye to eye.

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
scottb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2018 at 3:11pm
Looks great. Glad I could help.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2018 at 4:06pm
Looks good Gary. Anything to make it easier on us older generation guys is good!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2018 at 4:19pm
Roller sucks for all ages
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2018 at 11:07am
Looks Great
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic