NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mr Ralph Meloon

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
jimsport93 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mr Ralph Meloon
    Posted: August-11-2018 at 2:24pm
Heard via FB that Mr. Ralph Meloon passed away this morning.
What a true inspiration and example of faith he was.
Not to mention his boat building expertise and support of water sports.
We will miss him, but rejoice in his Home Going to be with his Father in Heaven..
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2018 at 2:27pm
We will all miss him. Yes, he was the inspiration of Correct Craft

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2018 at 2:52pm
Headed up to that great flat-water lake in the sky -- to be pulled by a cherubim and a flaming Ski Nautique...

He will be missed.

JQ
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2018 at 8:27pm
Talking with Ralph was the high point of our CC factory tour.

We will miss him.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2018 at 8:31pm
I guess we are sad, but at the same time, his was a life to celebrate. So glad I had a chance to meet him and hear his presentation on the history of "Correct Craft". Makes those signed boats like the Crush and Tim's even more special

MACS81SN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACS81SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2018 at 9:53pm
Met Ralph at Midwest Correct Craft and had quite a conversation with him years ago. Outstanding and down to earth individual.

Edit:

I recalled the following after my initial comment.

While I don’t remember the exact conversation it went something like this.   Met Patty Smith of Silver Spray Sports of Fenton Michigan where we bought our 99 three years. Patty and her husband Jeff are co-owners of Silver Spray Sports.   Patty shared the following story about Ralph.

Back in the 1980’s, Patty was a teacher and seems like Jeff may have been one too.   I believe Patty had been laid off and the couple were very concerned about their financial state and even their future.

Somehow Ralph Meloon and the Smith’s paths crossed. As was Ralph’s way, he was always up for a good conversation, he learned of their situation. Ralph’s solution was to tell them “you will sell boats”. Confused, she said they didn’t know anything about boats. Ralph said “you can learn”.   With that, Ralph had 6 boats delivered to this sandy beach area on Silver Lake at his cost and no expense to Patty or Jeff. Within a short period of time all 6 boats were sold and Silver Spray Sports was born.
Mark

1999 -SN - 502 Python
1981 - SN Owned 33 years - Sold
1968 - Mustang - Sold

Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2018 at 8:46am
Yup. A great man, a fruitful life.

I remember one year at SJRR, he was there to speak. I had 6 kids with me that year. He saw them and his eyes grew wide, and said, "That's what its all about, the kids"!! Theyre all in college now, and remember that.
Js
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2018 at 5:06pm
I am sadden to hear this but I know he is now with the lord above. I had the honor of meeting him several times at the SJRR in Florida. He use to sneak Bibles into Communist countries by hiding them in the boats. Mr. Ralph was a great Evangelist along with being a great boat maker. The last time I saw him was just a few years ago and he was still very sharp .

He was telling me about living for many years in campgrounds as he and his wife delivered boats across the USA in the early days of the company. They would each hook a new boat to the car and drive to where ever it was sold or try to set up a new dealer somewhere where one was needed.
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2018 at 6:03am
Was very saddened when Jim texted me the news of Mr. Correct Crafts passing. Mr. Ralph was an amazing man and was always a joy to talk too. I've had the honor and pleasure of chatting with him every year since I became a member of CCFan. He made the trip up to chat with us several years at the SJRR and I always made the effort to talk to him at the masters ski tournament. He loved his Lord and loved Correct Crafts and loved to talk about Christ first then about the history of CC's. Every single time I ever saw him he had a either a Nautique Shirt on with a shirt pocket to carry his testimony to hand out or a Correct Craft Fan hat on. Even into his 90's he had an infecious smile, a hand shake, and a voice full of life. Still sharp as a tack, funny as heck and a master story teller.
I'm also honored and thrilled to have his autograph on both boats I own so that his wisdom and Love of God is always with me whenever I'm on the water.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2018 at 5:00pm
Mr. Ralph was a great guy. I am very fortunate to have met him.. He came to 2 reunions in the Northeast and really enjoyed mingling with all the fans.   Thanks Keith for making that all happen. We never would have crossed paths if not for CCF.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2018 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

Mr. Ralph was a great guy. I am very fortunate to have met him.. He came to 2 reunions in the Northeast and really enjoyed mingling with all the fans.   Thanks Keith for making that all happen. We never would have crossed paths if not for CCF.

Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2018 at 9:15am
Great Picture Larry!
Js
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic