NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gone to Minn

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gone to Minn
    Posted: August-04-2006 at 10:29pm
I am heading out in an hour and staying two weeks....beautifull lake in Minn!

If anyone is in that neck of the woods...give me a ring!

217-520-3149 or 217-520-9583

Gary
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2006 at 11:39pm
Have a good time Post pictures.
Scott
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2006 at 12:53pm
Still here...and weather has been great!

We have a cabin available for the week...due to a cancelation....if someone wants it, call my cell (posted above)...leave message, cause I don't take it on the boat...Stangs boating rules state that " anyone who answers a cell call while skiing , looses their next ride"...of course there is an addendem...Rule does not apply when on down time and beer is involved(which is most of the time).

The older boys are learning to barefoot...which means faceplants that do not involve my face!

The youngest(age 5)has started riding a wake skate and spins 180's both directions...he's a riot! I am dreaming...CC sponsorship...one of those air nautiques we saw at GL...the only possible way to afford one rests on the tiny shoulders of the boy!

We saw some pro riders (wakeboard demos) on a bay of another lake...after the sun went down, they moved across the street to the Buggaboo bay bar where they competed in a large pool with a mechanical pulled...riding rails ect! Very cool!

Mojo...Keywest bound! Awsome place! we were there a few months ago....have a great time!

well the small drizzle is clearing, the lake is dead still...time to get the boom out! Time for some teenage faces to make an intimate meeting with the H2O!!!

stang

The Super Air

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2006 at 1:40pm
stang.. you dawg... tough life, huh?

I guess somebodies gotta do it? Have fun!

oh, hows the "fishin boat " doin'?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2006 at 2:56pm
Steve...come on up!

This lake looks like a twin version of GL...about the same size and water is clean! Sand beach and boat lifts...easy livin.

AND we have a cabin open!!! About 8-9 hrs drive for you and Pam!

Of yeah...and there is a winery a few miles away!

Did I mention...they sell beer here??? Gas is $2.96
stang

The Super Air

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2006 at 11:10pm
stang,
Big lake, open cabin, winery and beer!!...Man...dont tempt me! some of us have to work tho ..Im getting ready to help my son-in-law in Milwaukee put a dormer in their roof...hey your a contractor arent you?????

Right on your way back from Mn!..lots of breweries there !!!!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2006 at 11:17pm
Did you say Mojo is Key West bound? Wish he could stop off here.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2006 at 9:28am
Jbear,
Yep, I've got a buddy with a condo in the family down there.. I'd love to stop by, but this one is going to be a quick weekend with the misses...

Next time for sure !!!

Moj'
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2006 at 2:06am

Hope the pic lunches...cause I am still a computer spaz...if it does , heres my 5 year old wakeboarding! And...thanks to Paul(up at GL)he now wants to be a drummer...thanks a lot buddys!
stang

The Super Air

stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2006 at 2:33am

Had to add a couple more
stang

The Super Air

81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2006 at 8:17am
Stang, That little guy is gonna be a madman. He was a riot up at Green this summer. It's great to start skiing that young, NO FEAR.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2006 at 10:05am
He IS a madman!He cracks us up becuase we have no idea what he will do next!He was doing 180's first day out...even tried a hand pass 360...damn near made it too! Yes, fearless!

Hey...btw, really enjoyed your summer pics! looks like your summer has been fun! You have a beautifull family!
stang

The Super Air

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2006 at 9:20pm
Thanks Stang! Cool pics. Better than my mullet shots my buddy Tony posted!

What happened with that Orange boat on e-bay. Man I'd loved to have that!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2006 at 12:22pm
Yo Stang,

That boy will be dragging em in left and right!! Wakeboarding and a Drummer Your so in trouble!!

Paul,
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2006 at 12:51pm
Paul...He tought you guy's we so cool...now he's ready to rock out!How are ya? We are certainly goin make it out that way soon...most likely in the spring...Lisa wants to find that swimming cliff jump place...and now we have guide. Small world...with Sam knowing where it is. Really enjoyed meeting you all ....Helden says howdy!

John...he prob. is waiting for you to email him and buy the dang thing...has not come back on...wonder when it will show up somewhere. I like that 71 on now too...That one would be cool...only 1000.00 right now...too bad my hands are full...cause I have the engine for it sitting in the garage.

Hey...I will throw this out for Mr. "can't have them all" Steve...Go get that 71 and I will supply the power!

stang

The Super Air

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2006 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by stang72 stang72 wrote:

Hey...I will throw this out for Mr. "can't have them all" Steve...Go get that 71 and I will supply the power!

Heck of a deal, but where do we keep the boat?
Dont think I havent been looking! (Ive also got that new Crusader just waitin') But Ive got four unfinished projects already!!! . .... probably a good thing its not a Barricuda SS!

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2006 at 3:33pm
I do have a place to store it...my dad and brother recently bought a property together...it has a big new(very nice) horse stable....and will be empty for a few years!
I have a 72 302 that could be used...and you have the crusader....
Anyway...i can't pass it by the wife(need about a year to work on her)...but I have a place and an engine
stang

The Super Air

stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2006 at 1:45am
Back from Minn....wow , it was a great trip!

I will post a few more pics...got the older boys upside down and some first time barefoot boom stuff....even the little one tried!

Funny as he-- when the boys tried footing on the long line...faceplantville! They are so used to wakeboarding ....37mph scared the living sh-t out of them! Needless to say they gave it up fast and went back to the boom....but the old man can do it ...geez...they actually respect me again!
stang

The Super Air

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2006 at 12:54pm
Stang: I know you learned like me, no boom and wearing cut-off blue jeans.

Give up and go back to wakeboard??? I know what your ski buds woulda done back in the 70's if you did that, same as my guys!

Glad you're back on.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2006 at 1:15pm
Boys? how big are they?

cripes I never had to foot at 37 unless its one-foot.
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2006 at 11:30pm
Well I always stepped off about 37, 38 wieghing 165...they both are about 150...speedo is off a couple...so they are really about 34 to 35...but still scared sh-tless!

John...you got it...cut offs too! Man the first wet suit I got was a pleasure on the deep water starts! Never a boom...just learned the hard way!
stang

The Super Air

stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2006 at 11:42pm
oh yeah and one more thing...it IS the deep water starts that make one appreciate the fact that frogs do have water tight a--holes!
stang

The Super Air

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic