NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fall Midwest Mini-Reunion

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 3456>
Author
Gotwake View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gotwake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2006 at 8:16pm
Ok... Talked with Dan down at Extreme Power Sports. Said he was happy to hear that everyone was coming down his way! Also offered to bring a boat, any model in particular you all want? 196?

weitekampt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weitekampt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2006 at 12:15am
That 196 is a sweet boat. I foamed at the mouth over it at the St. Louis boat show. If he were to bring one, that would be a good choice. But I am a slalom guy myself.

Dan is a great guy and always willing to help a guy out. Lord know he has helped me in a few situations.

So what is the total head count as of now? I will be bringing my boat down. I know my folks and family would like to come, but they are in a I/O. I will tell them to keep their distance if it offends anyone...HaHa. I just hope the weather is good for camping and boating. I may have to invest in a heater if the weather keeps up like it has.

Hope we have a decent turnout.
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
1993 Ski Nautique
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2006 at 7:32am
I'd love to see how far the SN's have come since 2000. A new 196 would be an awesome addition to the crew. I don't know what the head count is, but I'm in for sure and will be at Eagle Creek Fri afternoon-Sun. Sounds like we could try to get together at the campground for some grilling with 81 Friday evening. I'd like to do some skiing Friday afternoon so hopefully someone shows up by then.
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2006 at 9:20am
Todd...if it floats, make sure they come!

196...yeah! There will be a few from Decatur...I put word out at the ski club.
Should be enough of us to make a little noise!

stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

Gotwake View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gotwake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2006 at 9:20am
We'll be down Friday night, perhaps with a few non-cc folks. We'll be staying at Wolf Creek and probably won't be down before dark. I'll let Dan know that you slalom guys would like to ride the 196. Anyone else staying at Wolf?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weitekampt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2006 at 9:40am
I'd have to say it depends on the weather. If the weather is dry, we may come down Friday night. Not for sure. We will stay wherever the people are at. I hear Wolf is good. Lets stay in contact though. I will post both e-mails and my phone if people want it. Never know how plans change at the last minute.

weitekampt@aol.com
todd@agsourceseeds.com
217-202-5946

Later guys!
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
1993 Ski Nautique
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2006 at 10:40am
I will be camping at Wolf as well. I don't think I will be bringing the boat, anyone mind an extra spotter?
Gotwake View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gotwake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2006 at 11:06am
You're in! Glad to hear you're making the trek... Your welcome in my ride anytime!

M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2006 at 12:15pm
It's just me and the wife so I'll need a 3rd for sure. I'll bring the course, some tricks, and maybe the swivel ski for fun. OH, and the barefoot gear of course (boom, ropes, etc).
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2006 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by Gotwake Gotwake wrote:

You're in! Glad to hear you're making the trek... Your welcome in my ride anytime!

Well I do like loud music and CL...not much of a boarder though. Still haven't strapped one on this season, nor the slalom stick.

Who else wants to jump in the barefoot line with me and Joel?
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2006 at 2:28pm
Hollywood,

I'll do a few footin runs. I finally made it out footin on Monday, we had the entire river to ourselves all day. I think everyone stayed home cause it looked like it would rain at any minute. Absolute gla$$ for miles, it was awesome. I felt great, did some tumble turns and one foots working back up to a toehold by the end of the season. Pretty rusty but it comes back quickly.

I guess Wolf is the place to be, we plan to get in midday friday
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2006 at 11:48pm
Wolf it is for us too! We will be on the lake most of Friday...anyone gettin on the lake Fri...call the cell 217-520-3149.

For anyone who does not know the lake...I would advise getting a lake map with marked depths...the lake is mostly deep but there are some sand bars and spots that go from deep to shallow pretty quickly. Not trying to scare anyone...just need to know about a few places!

Barefooting...man it's been years, but I am getting an itch for a faceplant! Two of my (teens) sons would be up for learning...they have been on a boom but not on the long line.

Anyone up for the hyrofoil? I will see if I can borrow it from the Ski club.
stang

The Super Air

M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2006 at 10:44pm
Well gang, the date is right around the corner. I'll be leaving at the crack of dawn on Friday, hopefully dunking the boat in by noon. Todd W- did you decide if you're going to make it? I'd love to see the 93! I think everyone going knows what my boat looks like so if you see us, just flag us down. My email is jdhughe AT hotmail.com so email me needed. I think tentatively we'll try to meet up Friday afternoon at some point, do some skiing based on weather, and maybe have a gathering at Wolf Creek for some grilling and campfire action.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2006 at 8:53am
Looking forward to this weekend. I need to rest my extremely sore body this week though.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2006 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Looking forward to this weekend. I need to rest my extremely sore body this week though.

Someone needs to come up with a morning after pill for waterskiers, I never hurt on sundays but Monday mornings are a bitch.

Took Rob Leinen and his wife out yesterday for a ski and some lunch, great time although Rob will never hang out with us again. Last time out we blew up his motor and this time we blew out his back. Sorry Rob, we'll get it right sooner or later.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2006 at 1:54pm
Our plan is to be down friday around noon, we'll be at Wolf. We're gonna grill some steaks with Joel and his wife after we get off the water so everyone is welcome to join us, the more the merrier. Bring whatever you want to grill and drink, we'll have a fire going all night.
scottb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2006 at 1:58pm
Alan, did you put in at Morris yesterday? We tried to launch there on Friday and the ramp was closed due to high water. Had to run down to Seneca to get the boat in the water.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2006 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by scottb scottb wrote:

Alan, did you put in at Morris yesterday? We tried to launch there on Friday and the ramp was closed due to high water. Had to run down to Seneca to get the boat in the water.

That's exactly what we had to do. Worked out better anyway cause we planned to have lunch at Boondocks and it's a lot cheaper to tow the 15 miles down river than to run there in the boat.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weitekampt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2006 at 4:52pm
I am still planning on being there if the weather holds out. Looks like mother nature is not going to be too friendly though. Cold as heck all these nights equals cold water. We are planning on camping too. I just don't like the rain and camping. If we have to, we may get a reservation at the hotel there.

Are people still planning on going if it looks like rain? I would a$$ume not?

Lets keep talking about this so we are all up to speed.
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
1993 Ski Nautique
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2006 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by weitekampt weitekampt wrote:

I am still planning on being there if the weather holds out. Looks like mother nature is not going to be too friendly though. Cold as heck all these nights equals cold water. We are planning on camping too. I just don't like the rain and camping. If we have to, we may get a reservation at the hotel there.

Are people still planning on going if it looks like rain? I would a$$ume not?

Lets keep talking about this so we are all up to speed.

I'm going rain or shine. Let's stop talking about bad weather altogether. Cold water is no problem- we'll be skiing well into November.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2006 at 5:18pm
Cold will not stop us, torrential rain maybe but that would be a call I wouldn't make until friday am.

You can still drink beer in the rain can't you?
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2006 at 5:21pm
Naaa, you guys will have a blast... Think positive all... I'm really jealous of you guys getting back together again... Toast one for me around the campfire. I'll be listening to "we are family" playing at this stupid wedding I'll be at.... Blahhhhhh...

Moj'
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2006 at 5:26pm
Mojo,

don't forget to do a chicken dance for us brotha.

Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2006 at 6:00pm
Hahahaha,,, I plan on doing the drunk'n sailor crawl just when you're about to roast your first weenie... Family weddings drive ya crazy.. Can't hit on the women, because their all related to ya ahahahaha

Moj'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weitekampt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2006 at 10:57pm
Yeah, I will think positive. Sounds like I am going to meet some real die hards. I did ski in the rain, but that was because we were 2 1/2 hours away and the beer was cold. Only difference is the 90 degree temp.

It only looks like 30-40% chance. Keep fingers crossed. Looks like Friday and Sunday are going to be the warm days. I hope to get off work on friday at a early hour. Wife has off both day so she said she will help detail the boat. What a keeper!!!

Will stay posted with everyone.
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
1993 Ski Nautique
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2006 at 9:19pm
New development- just purchased a mini DV camcorder. This, combined with the new Mac/iMovie should guarantee some good coverage and entertaining vids of the trip.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2006 at 10:11pm
We're ready to go Joel, just loaded as much firewood as the basement will hold, we're gonna need to crank some BTU's to stay warm.

Hollywood, you bringing Johnny along or coming by yourself?
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2006 at 10:59pm
Looking forward to seeing everyone...remember it's always a tad bit warmer as you move down this way!

Thought I would mention...for anyone looking to extend the season till the end of Oct...The water at Clinton Lake stays warm due to the power plant! You can ski through Oct and even early Nov. as long as the weather stays somewhat warm! The water stays warm...it's a matter of what you can stand once your up!
stang

The Super Air

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2006 at 9:00am
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

Hollywood, you bringing Johnny along or coming by yourself?

As it stands I will be solo. Some of my buds might be going to Wilmington IL for the Great Plains MCWSA tournament.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weitekampt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2006 at 9:12am
We were at clinton on Labor Day and it was cold. My wife said they turned the power plant off for some reason. I haven't heard if they turned it back on or are planning on turning it back on. I will keep you posted, but normally Stang72 is right on this matter. We skied on New Years Day at clinton. Still dang cold!!!!!

Just thought I would fill you in on the plant.

Also, 81nautique, don't bring any ash wood. Campgrounds don't want people to bring ash wood to burn because of the ash borer problem in trees. I am planning on bringing wood, but I know I don't have any ash pieces. FYI, don't want to piss you off.
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
1993 Ski Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 3456>
  Share Topic