NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Summer Family Pics

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Summer Family Pics
    Posted: August-07-2006 at 8:25pm
To make a long story short, my kids Adam 16 & Emilie 13 don't live with my wife and I . Infact they live 1100 miles away, we see them several times during the year but during the summer they stay with us for about 6 weeks. Every summer is better than the last and this one was no exception.

They came out just before the July 4th weekend and unfortunatley we drove them to the airport this morning to return home. I was talking to BKH at GreenLake about how short our summer was going to be and he said"Just make every minute count" and that's what we did.

After being boatless for 15 years we finally got back into a ski boat last fall. The kids had never skiied before this summer but by the second weekend they were really getting into it.   Then we went to Greenlake and met a few dozen new friends, Adam & Emilie will never forget that weekend. They even got some boarding tips from Thomas and rode in the 220 all day.

2 weeks later we went up to Silver lake , Mi and skiied with the sand dunes as a backdrop. Went tubing and sang songs on the porch all night long.

Last week we hooked up with Bigwavedave and he invited us to his little paradise on a private lake. The kids did their best skiing of the summer and the old man did his best to impress the kids on the slalom ski.

So many new experiences this summer and I have to thank Keith and all the CCFans out their that were a part of this dream summer.

here are a few moments from the 12 rolls of film we shot....

Atmspltr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atmspltr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2006 at 8:46pm
Great pictures and a much greater reminder of why we invest so much time and effort to keep the old girls in the water. It's one thing to get them fixed up...it's another thing to make the effort to get the family out there together. Thanks for sharing the pix.
SMay81SN View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMay81SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2006 at 10:08pm
Great Pics! the best reason for having a Nautique is to create those memories with your kids!
Scott
Our 94 SN
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2006 at 10:36pm
Great pics Alan.

You mean I finally got something right! I'll have to alert my wife

The kids must have made the most of every minute on the water.   Looks like they're getting pretty good.

" Quality time is when you and your child are together and keenly aware of each other. You are enjoying the same thing at the same time, even if it is just being in a room or going for a drive in the car. You are somehow in tune, even while daring to be silent together."               - Louise Lague

To me, boating is, and always will be quality time. BKH
Livin' the Dream

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2006 at 11:14pm
Alan,
GREAT pics! It was an absolute pleasure to be around your kids at Green Lake!.... Kids look like naturals on the water... the 'ol man throws a pretty good spray yet also!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Munday View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Munday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2006 at 11:29pm
Great pics and a nice story too.

There is not any better faimly time than lake time,even if you have your kids all the time,
they will show you thier good friends by whom they bring with them to the lake.Thier not going to bring trouble with them to hang out at the lake with the parents,I know this because I was careful who to invite myself Munday
64 Skier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2006 at 2:12am
Handsome family! I always admire those who are brave enough to post family pictures.

Couple of friends showed up at our place on the Lake this summer. Both had gone astray and gotten out of touch with how they grew up on the water in the summers, but their kids brought them back to reality after a few days behind the boat! A few of the kids even helped me with boat chores.

My kids are amazing and can seem pretty tough on the outside when they show up for visit after a long absence, but for some reason, these old boats just melt through all the BS and before you know it, they're enjoying themselves and making memories.

Good job on that slalom ski!
64 Skier
66" HO VTX and 67" HO Triumph
71CC
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2006 at 8:15am
Looks like you made the most of your time with your kids. They seem to be enjoying their time with you as well and you both will remember the time spent on the lake!
Greg

86 BFN
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2006 at 8:41am
hey all, Thanks for the kind words, yesterday was tough sending them home, got a little sentimental and wanted to share some very proud moments.

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2006 at 8:43am
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

The kids had never skiied before this summer but by the second weekend they were really getting into it.   Then we went to Greenlake and met a few dozen new friends, Adam & Emilie will never forget that weekend.   

So many new experiences this summer and I have to thank Keith and all the CCFans out their that were a part of this dream summer.

I'd say, those kids look like naturals!
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2006 at 8:50am
Alan,
We had a lot of fun with you Dana and the kids in Green this summer.. You are fortunate to have a great pair of young, polite, kids.. As I do, cherish every minute.. Brian's right!!! Glad you had a super time with them !!! You have a lot to look forward to next year.. Start planning ......

Dave
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2006 at 5:46pm
Alan,
I'd be willing to say a lot of us have these old boats because we remember the family times as kids. Your kids will treasure the memrories of this summer--it's gotta be tought to see them walk on a plane, but it sounds like you do a great job of staying involved with them. "Props" to you.
Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2006 at 12:19pm
81.....great pics. It's amazing how fast Adam and Emilie picked up wakeboarding. It looks like you put an extended pylon on your boat. Did you? That didn't take long!

My wife and I spent a lot of time with Alan's family at GL....truly great and fun people. They were even nice enough to "loan us" their son for a spotter.

Rob
ultrahots View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrahots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2006 at 7:22pm
Some great shots of good old family fun there.Glad you had a good summer.See you next year in Green Lake.
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2006 at 11:23pm
Wonderful story.

Each year when school starts (last Thursday here) I regret not having the kids out behind the boat more during the summer. This year we were out more than ever, but I still had that feeling. I'm worried they'll be gone soon and I won't have many more chances with them. I sure hope that's not the case.

To me, there's hardly any better family time than on the boat. You're all together with no interuptions and no other people. It's challenging, competitive, fun, relaxing, and a great opportunity to cheer for one another. Sure can't be duplicated on dry land!
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2006 at 8:38am
Originally posted by rleinen79 rleinen79 wrote:

81.....great pics. It's amazing how fast Adam and Emilie picked up wakeboarding. It looks like you put an extended pylon on your boat. Did you? That didn't take long!

Rob

Rob, the pics with the rope high are off of bigwavedave's 95 nautique, he's got a skylon on it and it made a world of difference for the kids. Between the skylon and a very nice non stretch wakeboard line it made a hugh difference in the kids skiing that night.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic