NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New record for CCF ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
Author
jholton View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jholton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2006 at 2:34pm
THE LAKE SAID:"I did a funeral for one of three guys in a bass boat that hit a dock ramp at 50+. Very tragic"

Here is a pic of one of those fisherman racing to a fishing hole in a tournament here in MN. He was trying to go through a no wake channel at 70+ MPH and ended up on the fence pole. This one lived after six month in laid up in bed!!

Well could not figure out how to make it a link so everyone didn’t have to see
Atmspltr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atmspltr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2006 at 2:41pm
Wow! That had to feel a little uncomfortable...wasn't expected to see that on this post!
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2006 at 2:41pm
Holy smokes. I think this weeks lesson is boating safety!!!!!!!!!!!!! Guys, be careful out there. I can't even imagine what went through his mind post accident.

Ken
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2006 at 2:43pm
You should keep it up. It will enforce the meaning of safety.

Ken
jimbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2006 at 2:45pm
I've gone 60 mph on a Wave Raider.
jholton View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jholton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2006 at 2:51pm
Ken, I did not know how you would react to it after your accident. if your fine with it I will put it up for the day.
jholton View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jholton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2006 at 3:01pm
CCxHYPERLITEx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCxHYPERLITEx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2006 at 3:07pm
w o w
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2006 at 3:09pm
Thanks, I'm good. That guy is much worse off. I hope people take this post as a huge reminder to be careful.

Ken
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2006 at 3:20pm
Two years ago, I was involved in an offshore race boat accident. 85mph, put a 35 ft boat on its tail. I broke an ankle, and a couple of ribs. In retropspect, I probably did some damage to my back as well. Still, we felt fortuante that all 5 on the boat walked away.

Going fast in a boat is fun, but it's very dicey. We've got several boats in the neighborhood that will do in excess of 125mph. I'm always concerned that one is going to come around a corener in our narrow levy system, and into our path. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Atmspltr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atmspltr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2006 at 3:25pm
I'm always concerned that one is going to come around a corener [/QUOTE]

Freudian slip? Close anyway...that guy almost needed a coroner or at least a good proctologist! With my boating experience earlier this year...you don't have to be going fast to get in trouble
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2006 at 4:24pm
there is a time a place to go fast and it doesn't include using an older boat with old parts, conjested/blind area's or choppy water.

It has to be a wide open, large area, smooth as glass in a mechanically sound craft otherwise have your life insurance and will up to date. Offshore isn't the place to go fast without the proper safty gear and an experienced high speed driver and throttle man and it's still pretty risky with that. Not my type of fun
David Adams View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Adams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2006 at 6:10pm
Hey 79' thank you for that last post.
1974 Mustang
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2006 at 6:15pm
I'll try and include a little slander next time
David Adams View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Adams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2006 at 6:27pm
LM*O @ 79    TOO KOOL of a dude
1974 Mustang
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2006 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by 79nautique 79nautique wrote:

I'll try and include a little slander next time

Now that's funny.

You're right, we should have been wearing safety gear at 85mph in an offshore. Unfortunately, we do it all the time. Most people have helmets, and ejection vests, but only wear them when in a race, crowded poker run, or occasionally in rough water. I've probably been out at 85-100mph speeds over a hundred times. Typically, in these 35 to 42 foot boats, you barely feel it. But, it only takes one time, and trust me, you feel it when you crash. BKH     
Livin' the Dream

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2006 at 6:37pm
brian it's hard not to open them up and have fun but I'm sure your well aware that you need to know the area and keep your eyes pealed at all times for anything coming your way and those ocean rollers can sneak up on you if your not looking for them.
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2006 at 9:21pm
79, I always appreciate your posts...even the slanderous. You're good at taking it as well as dishing it out.

I'm originally from South Bend and directed camping programs at Quaker Haven Camp on Dewart Lake for a while. My brother is a good friend of the Natique Dealer on Wawasee. What a great lake! I'm in Texas now, but long for beatutiful lakes like Wawasee and Tippecanoe.

Thanks for the safety warnings and all that. I look forward to what you write.
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2006 at 10:00pm
    Been 63 mph (gps)in my bass boat.17.5' with a 150 on back.Not much in the water at that speed.Would only take a slight disturbance in that water to ruin your day.It's not really worth it,but it's hard not to use it when you have it.There's a time and a place for everything,I guess

Mike
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2006 at 10:29pm
Once again, just like yesterday, to much here to answer. I gotta spend more time on here. These 3 or 4 page 1 day posts are gettin' outa hand.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2006 at 12:58am
after seeing that pic...Im beginin' to REALLY like my six....
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2006 at 2:23pm
I'm telling you guys, Will is going places. He went from talking about *icks and being gay to a perfect gentleman in about two pages. I found myself a new friend. We need people like him to stir up action every once in a while. Jerry Springer on CorrectCraftFan.com Long live this thread!

Ken

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCxHYPERLITEx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2006 at 2:28pm
amen
2001_Cuz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2001_Cuz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2006 at 2:42pm
Its nice to see everyone is as busy at work as I am today. Why aren't we skiing today?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCxHYPERLITEx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2006 at 2:52pm
arent you guys supposed to be makin a livin right now?
2001_Cuz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2001_Cuz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2006 at 3:01pm
Shouldn't you be in summer school learning how to spell?
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2006 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by 2001_Cuz 2001_Cuz wrote:

Shouldn't you be in summer school learning how to spell?

right on Cuz!
actually hang in there Will... learn and enjoy.. CC's that is!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2006 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by 2001_Cuz 2001_Cuz wrote:

Its nice to see everyone is as busy at work as I am today. Why aren't we skiing today?

I'm realy struggling to stay away from this place while I'm at work but obviously I have some sort of dependancy. I'm getting squat done today thinking about get the boat ready for the weekend.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2006 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

I'm realy struggling to stay away from this place while I'm at work but obviously I have some sort of dependancy.

I've accepted this fact as well and no longer feel guilty about it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCxHYPERLITEx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2006 at 3:34pm
i start school on monday thanks that mean summers over
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123>
  Share Topic