NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New record for CCF ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
Author
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2006 at 3:40pm
can't be unedumacated if yo want to bee a coservation officer.

Theres still plenty of day lite left after the homework is done, just leave the boat in the water to save time besides the second best water is in the late evenings.
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2006 at 4:16pm
Let's all back off of Will now. He learned a quick lesson, changed his attitude and understands his spelling isn't the greatest. I'm sure Will is better at math than I am!

Hang in there, Will, we'll help you out. What I do with tricky words is, open up Microsoft Word, type the word you're attempting to spell, then use spell check if necessary. Everyone has their weak points, but as long as you're working on it, that's what counts.

Hey, Keith, can you add spell check along with the new chat room? .

Ken
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2006 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by Nautique2001 Nautique2001 wrote:

Everyone has their weak points, but as long as you're working on it, that's what counts.

He doesn't appear to be working on it, but I will admit he did lose that sh*tty attitude.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2006 at 9:40pm
I was try to stress the importance of school and education and not make fun of spelling which I suck at.
jimbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2006 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by 79nautique 79nautique wrote:

I was try to stress the importance of school and education and not make fun of spelling which I suck at.

---> at which I suck <---
No dangling participles, please. We want to keep a respectable fourm!
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2006 at 2:23am
Originally posted by jimbo jimbo wrote:

No dangling participles, please. We want to keep a respectable fourm!

That's f-o-r-u-m.

This thread cracks me up. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2006 at 9:59am
Will..... See what a poor education get's you into ...debates over gramner and spelling
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2006 at 11:26am
How about something like this? Spell Correctly. I'm a huge fan of Microsoft Word spell check. It's easy and doesn't cost a dime...unless you don't have the program.

Ken
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2006 at 12:53pm
If it was a resume or something important I worrry about it other than that most can figure it out, evenifyoudon'taddspacesyourbraincanwellmostspeoplescan.
jimbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2006 at 2:27pm
Fourm lol
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2006 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by Nautique2001 Nautique2001 wrote:

How about something like this? Spell Correctly. I'm a huge fan of Microsoft Word spell check. It's easy and doesn't cost a dime...unless you don't have the program.

Ken

Well, to go off on another philosophical tangent, I beleive Microsoft Word, and other spell check programs are precisely why kids no longer learn how to spell. It's even worse for simple math where calculators have been around for 30+ years now. I interview so-called professionals, weekly, who have the math skills of a five year old. BKH
Livin' the Dream

The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2006 at 2:39pm
[/QUOTE]

I beleive Microsoft Word, and other spell check programs are precisely why kids no longer learn how to spell. [/QUOTE]

i before e except after c. b-e-l-i-e-v-e
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2006 at 3:18pm
Yep, you are correct in this case. Like I said earlier, happens to all of us. The more spelling we correct here, the more mistakes.

However, there are many exceptions to that rule. For example, counterfeit. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2006 at 5:13pm
I before E except after C. Not always the case but a good place to start.

You can judge a person based on simple grammar and spelling. I believe it is so much easier for kids to learn these days. You can look so much stuff up on the computer, versus going to the library. There are so many computer programs on the market today to help kids education.

Is this still CorrectCraftFan.com?

Ken
David Adams View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Adams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2006 at 6:13pm
wow this kid has us all off on our tangents LOL
1974 Mustang
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2006 at 10:37pm
A sophomore in high school has hi-jacked our whole site!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2006 at 10:52pm
The kid does provide some entertainment!

Grammer,speling...dispronouncing wurds!It,s sad too thun k nun of us willever right a knovel!
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
  Share Topic