NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New record for CCF ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
Author
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New record for CCF ?
    Posted: August-09-2006 at 8:55pm
ccxHyperlitex kid has 36 posts in one day, that has to be a record.
Tim D
jimbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2006 at 9:05pm
wait until school starts
Atmspltr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atmspltr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2006 at 7:09am
He'll make Senior Member in 3 days! I stayed entertained all day yesterday.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2006 at 8:35am
Ya that thread took off I left a post and when I checked later that day it was 4 pages long, guess you have to say your in a 60mph CC to get everone excited.
CCxHYPERLITEx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCxHYPERLITEx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2006 at 12:22pm
please dont bring that up again itll be more chaos.how many posts to be a groupie?
Atmspltr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atmspltr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2006 at 12:24pm
40...check your posting.

RB

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCxHYPERLITEx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2006 at 12:25pm
ya i just figured that out thanks though
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2006 at 12:51pm
here's the deal about 60 mph in a CC, unless you have modified the hull and use nitrous, Like Bill does, the best your going to do is the low 50's regardless. Secondly if the speed isn't from a GPS device it's not accurate to start with, Thirdly the speedo's only go to 50 mph, so if they read higher odds are they did not change the pitote's and remove the balance tubes when they changed the speedo's and they will not be accurate at any speed. Fourthly you came to the wrong place to bullsh*t people about how fast a Nautique will go because there are several people on this site that have heavily modified their engines, me included, and use GPS or radar guns to verify their speeds and know exactly what they a capable of doing, So your commint about doing 60 is the only reason everyone jumped on board and posted as much as they did. Lastly read Hollywood's signature, that's me he is refering too and I know a little about engines and making them go fast.
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2006 at 12:58pm
I think Will is back on track with the 60 MPH comments. The embelishment should be stopped now. He might have meant high 40's. Nice boat in any case. A Donzi will do 60+MPH, that's what I do know.

Ken

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCxHYPERLITEx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2006 at 12:59pm
k
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2006 at 1:00pm
Ken I agree there a several I/O's that can match or excede 60.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCxHYPERLITEx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2006 at 1:02pm
the was a scarab out there one day i watched it and man are those things lound.AND NO NOT A FULL OUT SCARAB.it was a smaller version.and theres a baja parked in the slip down from us and thats a heck of a boat.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2006 at 1:06pm
I've never gone more than 42 MPH in a boat. It must be a rush hitting 50, 60 even 70 MPH. How about you, Chris, what's the fastest you've gone in a boat? Bass boats are pretty quick from my understanding. It's amazing watching bass boats trimmed out at WOT. There's very little hull in the water.

Ken

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCxHYPERLITEx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2006 at 1:09pm
um this is no bull.my best friend got me into boats.and his dad works for wellcraft and we were in his dads 36ft coastal boat w/ three 300's goin 70 and you could bearly hang on!his dad fishes flw kingfish tour. its the kellogs boat.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2006 at 1:13pm
I'm having flashbacks of the show, Miami Vice. Those speed boats do sound nice with the thru-hull exhaust. The gas mileage must stink.

Ken
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2006 at 1:13pm
Ken,
BTW, glad you are recovering.
I've been in a friends bass boat at 60. I wasn't interested in hitting any rollers. You can feel the boat sort of gently riding on an air pocket.   But that's been my only experience at that speed.   For my purposes, 40+ is sufficient, enough to barefoot my friends who like that.

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2006 at 1:15pm
I believe that, Will. That would make perfect sense with that amount of HP. Did the boat make you want to eat Corn Flakes?

Ken

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCxHYPERLITEx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2006 at 1:16pm
no cookies!gotta love that kebbler elf!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2006 at 1:18pm
Thanks, Chuck. Yeah, I wouldn't feel too secure hitting waves at 60 MPH. It looks like there's only a couple of inches of hull in the water. I imagine the wind could get underneath and cause some flight time.

I'm more than happy with 42.

Ken
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2006 at 1:19pm
The fastest boat I've been on was a Bass Boat on Dale hollow it did about 75 with four of us on it back in the late 80's it had a hugh evenrude outboard but then again it wasn't a GPS speed and you can't trust the speedo's. Just sitting so low to the water really inceases the effect and makes it seem a lot faster than you actually are going then cross a wake at speed, that will get your attaintion.. Never try and go that fast unless the water is like glass it's very dangerous and extremely foolish with a little chop and other boats around,

OOOHhh one other thing the guy that owned the boat die in it later on that year.

Since you guys brought up the off-shore, cigarett type boats make sure the boat is in top running order before you go that fast, I had a couple of friends riding in a 35-40' Fountane (sp) when a driveshaft broke and it did a power turn like our boats can do and banged up everyone pretty good several broken bones but everyone lived.
tonydjd View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonydjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2006 at 1:23pm
c'mon guys my boat does 70 sometimes when it's on the trailer.
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2006 at 1:24pm
I did a funeral for one of three guys in a bass boat that hit a dock ramp at 50+. Very tragic, but they were driving at night. Hi speed on a lake at night, very dangerous.
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2006 at 1:28pm
What I learned about bass boats while living down in virginia is if the guy driving offers you a helmet you should definitely take it. If he is wearing a helmet and doesn't have an extra one stay on shore, I have been an honest 87 mph on a 23 ft triton with one of those supercharged inline six 6 mercury 275s on the back and that was on a river and not often in a straight line... I though fishing was supposed to be relaxing.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2006 at 1:31pm
Joe you have to get to the best fishing hole first otherwise you don't have the mosnster bass come weigh in time.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCxHYPERLITEx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2006 at 1:45pm
true true my uncles got a 16' sprint w/ a 50 horse mariner!its slow........
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2006 at 1:47pm
Have you seen this? Mercury

Ken

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCxHYPERLITEx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2006 at 1:51pm
O M GOSH!that is cooler than dirt!
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2006 at 2:00pm
Got a ride at 104 once, when young and oblivious, never again.
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2006 at 2:04pm
Your eye balls must get pinned back in your skull at that speed. That's crazy fast.
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2006 at 2:07pm
Ya, pretty much... Boat just had one seat; mine was the fuel cell. Everything was a blur, and the wind wanted to rip my head off.
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
  Share Topic