NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hollywood’s Signature

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hollywood’s Signature
    Posted: August-09-2006 at 10:46pm
I think what todicus wrote is both hillarious and true. He's one of the best contributors to this board. Also, one of the rudest. However, there's something in me that kind of likes that att*tude--right, but a little slanderous. Either way, todicus killed me with that line.

But even funnier is that Hollywood went farther than me. I just died laughing at todicus's line. But Hollywood puts it in his signature! Ha! Killer!
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2006 at 11:12pm
I got a kick out of it as well, but only because I know that Hollywood got the chance to meet 79 face to face at Greenlake. BKH
Livin' the Dream

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2006 at 11:45pm
I bet lots of the guys at GL were surprised when they met 79. Good guy. Loves C/C and knows his boat. Knows what he is talking about and not afraid to let ya know it.
One of the treats of my summer when he and his lady friend came over for lunch.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
jimbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2006 at 1:15am
A friend and I were talking about how some people have absolutely no troubleshooting skills and what a pain in the ass it is to try to tell someone how to chase down a problem and they continue to go in a different direction. So, I pulled up a couple of posts where '79 let loose with both barrels.
My friend and I had a great laugh!
"79 knows his stuff but is a little lacking in diplomacy.
And, he kyant spell nuthin nider
"correct spelling sold separately"
I love Hollywoods sig by the way.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2006 at 9:16am
Someone said something along the lines before and I laughed my ass off to that one too. Something like "Listen to 79nautique, he might make you mad but he's probably right". Once I saw the one in my sig I had to remember it. I'm glad I got to meet him too, but just like everyone else I didn't get enough time talking with him.
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2006 at 10:02am
On 79,Once you meet him you'll understand. When Rob L had motor trouble at Green lake 79 was ready to open the tool box and start tearing into the motor before the boat was even out of the water. Just says what's on his mind as straight as he can so hang on,suck it up and you'll be alright.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2006 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by The Dude The Dude wrote:

write to 79nautique and do what he says. He might make you mad, but he's almost always right.

Hollywood, that was my reply on the "engine cuts-out gt 40 EFI" post.

It's true. I wish I met him and many of you guys too!
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2006 at 10:39am
Just a note on Simon Cowell, I mean 79nautique. I don't think you can question his knowledge (although he will yours), just the delivery. Hey 79, ever consider this class. I would be willing to chip in to help out!!

79's new class
Greg

86 BFN
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2006 at 10:56am
I think 79's style is quite refreshing this day and age; like Bugs Bunny, call a maroon a maroon. Some of the most polite people I know are d/ckheads under their fascad.
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2006 at 11:21am
79 is always trying to help people too, even though he'll rip your head off in the mean time. I think of it as "tough love".
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2006 at 11:26am
I have an uncanny abillity to be straight to the point and can spot a dumb ass a mile away.

And actually when I was at the reunion I used quite a lot of tact once and you guys didn't even know it, went so far as to do the same thing suggested instead of calling it for what it was. Now who can figure out when it was and what it was?

Rob you get the first crack since you where the closest and it was on your boat when it happened.
82tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2006 at 12:36pm
'79......your'e definately "THAT" guy
Life is Good.
jon4pres View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon4pres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2006 at 5:39pm
I agree that 79 knows his boats better than me and most other people but I still don't think that is an excuse for him to disrespect people. I am sure that at one point in his life he didnt know everything either.

Maybe I am one of those dumb asses that he spotted a mile away but I was very offended when he attacked one of my projects that I had worked very hard on.
82 2001

jon4pres@gmail.com
Fort Scott Kansas
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2006 at 6:47pm
I've seen 79 offend people, but he doesn't get offended and leave them. If you can stick it out, he keeps on helping you all the way through. He won't apologize, but he doesn't stop trying to help either. That's something. To balance him out we also have nice guys like Ken and BK and Jbear who always mitigate 79's "both barrels" for the new guys.

btw, where is todicus in all this?   
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
todicus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote todicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2006 at 8:01pm
I have read most of the threads on this forum, and have to agree that 79nautique is always there to help. I have a good friend who was a F-16 mechanic in the military, and now is a certified Mercedes and BMW mechanic in San Francisco. He really knows how to solve any mechanical problem on a motor, but will b*tch slap you the entire time he fixes the mess one could not complete.

However, he could not figure out my gt-40 problems I was having (lack of free time more than anything), so in desperation I came to the CCforum and guess who pointed me in the right direction..............79nautique of course.

I've noticed that 79 will always start out direct and to the point with simple and concise instructions................ but like he has said, he can "smell a dumb ass a mile away", and you are going to get blasted if you exhibit any of those qualities.

Hollywood, I wish I didn't live so far away from you and the PLboatclub party crew, we would have a blast........... doing the same thing out at Lake Berryessa in NorCal.

Glad you liked the quote......... It was a trend I noticed on most all the threads 79 posted.

Living outside the wake
95GT-40SNOB
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic