Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

wieght

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
CCxHYPERLITEx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCxHYPERLITEx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: wieght
    Posted: August-11-2006 at 12:17pm
hey guys,
im hearin all this stuff about if you properly wieght the boat you can get a nice wake goin how do i do this?
The Boat - 80 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Boat - 80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2006 at 12:39pm
Since you've got a 2001...this site will give you better info. www.the2001.com

The basics are that these boats like weight in the middle. Usually a fat sac on both sides of the engine. I use 260# on either side...I know a people with 2001 use the larger 400# on each side...just depends on preference.

Depending on how you weight the back of the boat, you'll need some for the front. If the wake gets too steep to ride, add weight to the front to counter the weight in back.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCxHYPERLITEx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2006 at 12:40pm
what are fat sac's?
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2006 at 1:07pm
Insert comment here:

Fat sacs are those water bags, for lack of a better description. The have an electric pump that sucks water from the lake and fills the water bag. You place the fat sac behind the motor box to weigh the hull down, thus making a bigger wake. Some people like to put many sacs inside there boat. They're on the Overton's website.

Ken

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCxHYPERLITEx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2006 at 1:15pm
thank you very much ken!
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2006 at 1:17pm
No problem. Let me know how you make out. I'd like to get one too.

Ken

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCxHYPERLITEx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2006 at 1:22pm
another stupid question but are you talkin bout just throwin one in front of the seats and in the walkways and stuff?
The Boat - 80 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Boat - 80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2006 at 1:50pm
Yep...usually one in the walkways (both side of the engine) and one in the back where the rear seat is...and whatever weight you can find to put up in the bow...generally not a sac up there.

"new86owner" has a pretty good layout...it's more advanced than most. This Winter I'll be doing something similar...only trying to use a shorter sac in back and build a rear seat.

Example Photos - new86owner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCxHYPERLITEx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2006 at 2:25pm
wow that is a good setup my best friend and i are now thinkin bout fab'in some boxes like that maybe even hingen em.
David Adams View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Adams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2006 at 4:15pm
thats a good idea
1974 Mustang
882001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 882001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2006 at 11:00pm

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic