Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Offically part of the club!

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
69 Mustang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69 Mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Offically part of the club!
    Posted: August-12-2006 at 10:40pm
Hello All,

Well, I finally dunked my 78 Ski Tique for a quick sea trial. I think it was jbear who said it would be loud and fast. He was right on both counts - WOW!

This is my first inboard, so I kept it short and sweet on purpose - mainly wanted to practice on/off the trailer, listen for strange noises, leaks, etc. Had a little trouble getting it centered on the haul-out but it was a quiet launch so I was able to reset (twice).

I also had to break my I/O habit of forcing the control forward to get in gear and slamming the throttle wide open to get up on plane.

I now truly understand why you all love these boats! Even had a gentleman comment on the exhaust as I was loading it on the trailer, just so cool!

I'll be putting her in the upper Potomac, familiar water, tomorrow. Can't wait - hope to get some pics posted soon.

Thanks for everything guys and gals!
For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong.

"Where the **** are we?" Amelia Earhart. July 2, 1937
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2006 at 10:58pm
Mike: Now you know why we all hang around here!
Congrats on the first day. It will not be the last time someone comments on the ramp, I guarantee it.
You will learn to love the drive-on trailer. Mrs jbear backs ours down in the middle of the ramp and we pull while all the other guys are floating and cranking. Someone always walks over and askes "how'd ya teach her to do that?" My only suggestion would be to practice close quarters manuvering. They can be tricky but you'll get.
Get those pics on for us nosy guys!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2006 at 10:58pm
Awesome! So great to have a smooth tranny and good sounding exhaust. Way to go!
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2006 at 11:53pm
Congratulations, but I don't know if it's official till we see those pictures Have a good time tomorrow. BKH
Livin' the Dream

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2006 at 12:00am
Doesnt matter how old or new.. you get lots of "thumbs-up" ...we dont even ski much anymore, but wouldnt think of owning anything but a "good ol" inboard! ..enjoy!!!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2006 at 12:08am
jbear, I too really love the drive on trailer, I back the boat in, the youngest usually puts it right down the middle, I'm in gear and out we go.
Mike, great to have you, you'll enjoy the guys here, and like Steve says your boat will give you great opportunities to talk with others.
I agree with Brian, we need pictures, we crave them, we look at them until our wives ask us, "You're not wanting another one are you"?
And we say . . .

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
69 Mustang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69 Mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2006 at 10:09pm
Just got back from the river...or should I say inland ocean. I forgot how many people can afford boats but have no concept as to how they should operate them, including the police. Anyway...

She ran like a top and the guests/deckhands had a great time in spite of the chop/spray/bouncing. Had a guy with a '63 Larson give me the thumbs up, another older Centurion owner tell me he settled for his - would I be willing to sell? and a Malibu owner who wanted to know what it was.

All around great experience, including having someone else back the tow rig down the ramp so I could just drive on (okay, got it on the second try).

The only thing I would tell new CC owners that I did not learn here was to put SWMBO in the back seat under choppy conditions. Really keeps the annoying noise to a minimum.

Thanks again all!
For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong.

"Where the **** are we?" Amelia Earhart. July 2, 1937
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-13-2006 at 10:25pm
We knew ya'd love it! As BKH says "where are the pics"

Don't fret about the loading and unloading. Just practice, you'll get it quick.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2006 at 11:56am
69', Great lil boats aren't they !! I have a 78' Tique and man does it get up and go.. Like an old Vette on water... Shake, rattle and rooooool!!!!Congrats on the maden voyage !! I'm still getting used to only going "left" while backing off the trailer... Practice, practice...

Oh yeah, where's the pics ????

Moj'

The Boat - 80 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Boat - 80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2006 at 12:28pm
Congrats Mike!

Those comments will keep coming. We purchased an 80SN this year and it seems like time we load we get a comment. Makes ya feel good! I don't think I can switch to any other type of boat.

You'll get used to the left pull...comes in handy now that I realize it!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic