NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Repairing 80SN Airguide Speedo Gauge

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
The Boat - 80 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Boat - 80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Repairing 80SN Airguide Speedo Gauge
    Posted: August-14-2006 at 12:13pm
Hi all

I know the gauges are not produced anymore...so we're trying to repair the one that doesn't work.

In the gauge, there is a tiny screw, with an allen head on the end. This screw can be adjusted from the outside of the gauge for calibration. This is the one tiny piece that is broken that is causing the gauge not to work. Anyone have any ideas on what to use in it's place? It's too tiny to fuse back together. If I can fix this, then we'll have both working...which really serves no function since we have GPS and a working airguide, but it'll look way cooler to see both of them working!
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2006 at 8:22pm
do a search for speedo's someone posted a number of a shop that rebuilt the airguide speedo's, referbisted the dials as well.
hspore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hspore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2006 at 8:48pm
...the shop that 79' is referring to is probably North Hollywood Speedometer in California. I had a friend use them a couple of years ago with good results. I'm sorry I don't have their number though.   
Heath
The Boat - 80 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Boat - 80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2006 at 9:15pm
Ah...that's what I was thinking. I found a post with that reference...but wasn't sure. http://www.nhspeedometer.com/

I'll give them a shot if we can't come up with anything.

Thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic