NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

woody won’t start!

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
woodboy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: woody won’t start!
    Posted: August-14-2006 at 3:05pm
My '55' coronado decided not to start after a couple hard starts this past week. It has a 331 hemi with 600 holly 4bbl elec fuel pump 98 oct gas and dual point prestolite ign. The point gap is .017 ea. fuel lines are firm however i dont have a pressure tester. The boat did run this weekend after several revs of cranking choke on and half throttle. She woulk reach near full rpm however mis/backfired though exhaust. Now she wont start at all. New plugs rotor are all ive done I have new points condensor yet to instal. I think the voltage reg is bad would thi affect start and mid-high rpm mis? any help thanks    Rob
Lake Livin' Rocks
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2006 at 8:32pm
get regulator or upgrade the alternator to an internal regulated model if you don't have to keep everything orginal. low voltage won't help matters might have some varnesh and junk in the carb maybe a carb re-build wouldn't hurt.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic