Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Old Ski Nautique on eBay

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
66Skylark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 66Skylark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Old Ski Nautique on eBay
    Posted: August-15-2006 at 3:48pm
Anyone interested in fixing up an old Ski Nautique...?

I've attached a link... I've never done that before so I hope it works. If it doesn't the item number on the auction is 230018680241

Other than being oxidized, the hull looks good.

Love the color - Powder Blue, if I'm not mistaken.

69 Ski Nautique on eBay
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2006 at 5:00pm
I just emailed the guy. My guess is it's a 1972. Trying to talk my Dad into buying it. It needs work but is all orginial.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2006 at 5:24pm
I would second that it looks like a pretty easy project to get back in shape and could make a buck or too off of it when it's done.
backdeep1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backdeep1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2006 at 7:01pm
why buy new when slightly used will do.
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2006 at 7:56pm
That one looks like a 72...has the high pylon and the third speedo and the rope deflector....but the round windshield is not 72 though?????

Anyway it's cool and might go cheep!

I have an engine for it(72 ford 302 waukeska)!
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2006 at 10:29pm

It may be a 71 with the tall pilon and the round windshield . It seems to me that Keith told me that the 72 skier was the last style with the round windshield .

Pat
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2006 at 10:34pm
stang72, you're right. That windsheild makes it a 71 (see Reference Section).

I like it even more now .
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
rmcdonald View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmcdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2006 at 1:08am
Its at times like this that I wished I lived in the States and not Australia.

I love that 71.
The one from the reference section is my laptop wallpaper.

It would look good besides Reid Pinkham's Blue 68 as well. Reid could add it to his collection.

Regards
Rob
jimbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2006 at 1:41am
What's that gauge on the doghouse? Temperature?
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2006 at 2:22am
Third speedo...my 72 has one there.
stang

The Super Air

Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2006 at 1:49pm
The third speedo is for the 'referee' to verify the speed during tournaments while facing backwards and watching the skier. There was a time when they actually wore black and white stripes like an NFL referee.

See photo in Reference Section (in this photo, the third speedo can be seen in the stern of the '68 Ski Nautique).
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
jimbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2006 at 4:41pm
Cool picture Keith; love those skies!
66Skylark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 66Skylark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2006 at 4:55pm
Keith,

Any response from the seller?

Hope you can talk your father into it. It would look sweet at next years reunion!

MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2006 at 5:27pm
That boat has a 318 in it now!what would you need to do to put a 351w in it? Can you change the bell houseing and use the same tranny?
jholton View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jholton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2006 at 5:45pm
Has any one ever seen a CC Jet boat as in the Reference Section? Better yet has anyone ever skied behind one?
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2006 at 5:59pm
I saw a 74 southwind 20 with a 455olds motor and a berkly jet drive it took for ever to get going but when it did it went 60+mph.
jholton View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jholton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2006 at 6:05pm
Hay, maybe that was what CCxHYPERLITEx was in when he was going 60mph in a CC
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2006 at 7:44pm
Easy now the kid's in school and doesn't have time to defend his-self.
92'NIQUE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 92'NIQUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2006 at 8:40pm
Ya think that the referee driver, who is twideling the rope between his fingers, is looking at the cheerleaders on the sidelines?
Also, how do those guys keep their hats on at 34MPH?
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2006 at 12:06am
I talked this guy today he says the boat was last registered in 1995 in Texas and has no Title.How could you get new one, or is it just for parts?
resorter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote resorter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2006 at 12:17am
I have one of those Southwinds with a Berkeley
jet drive. Looks pretty much like the one in the 74-75 reference section. Never have tried to ski behind it. I originally bought it to use in the shallow waters of the Florida Keys, but I can't bring myself to put it in salt water.
Southwind 20
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2006 at 12:26am
What motor does it have?
resorter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote resorter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2006 at 2:32pm
Olds 455. Has the Berkeley marine modifications. So I guess the drive and motor came as a combo package.
Southwind 20
Kevin's '79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin's '79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2006 at 4:08pm
The boat is just 30 min from my house. I'm going to ride the Harley up there tonight and check it out.
fredo68 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fredo68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2006 at 4:14pm
if the man that is selling it had it registered then just have him sign a power
of atty. to you allowing you to do all necessary paperwork pertaining to boat.

if it wasnt in his name youll have to do
a title search and find out who last registered it and try and reach them.

or some states will issue numbers on whats called a buider title. hope this helps
fredo68
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2006 at 4:35pm
Kevin...let us know how it looks! That one does arouse my curiousity!
stang

The Super Air

Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2006 at 4:41pm
That 318 Mopar engine was bullet proof. Excellent running engine! I would keep it original.

Ken
Kevin's '79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin's '79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2006 at 10:28pm
I checked it out late this afternoon. You better want it bad because it will need stringers and floor. The engine is in the boat but the heads and intake are throuwn in the back of the boat. The engine is very rusty and incomplete from what I can tell. It definatley is seized. This boat has not been together or run for many years. The steering is also seized. The gelcoat is rubbed through on the keel and there are several places that will need gelcoat work. I'll pass on this one. Kevin
roybagley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roybagley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2006 at 9:53am
Thanks Kevin for the up date. Just had a conversation with the owner, following a nice set of photos he sent me. As you said Kevin, the engine is there but it looks like it has been apart for a very long time. I made an offer but he wanted to wait or the action to end . If I end up with it, I was hoping I could get a relay going to get it back to Maine and cut my costs a little.

Anyone interested in photos let me know.
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2006 at 11:42am
Good luck Roy it sounds like that is just what you need.

Pat
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic