Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

freakin stump

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
coreytread View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coreytread Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: freakin stump
    Posted: August-15-2006 at 6:26pm
Just had to let everyone know I hit a stump at going about 5 mph just in gear basically. bent my prop drive shaft and strut. luckily I was going slow and I have insurance. Just thought I would tell you guys, I ordered a acme 540 3 blade so Ill have a 4 blade and a three blade. -
backdeep1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backdeep1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2006 at 6:59pm
Bummer!

I think you will like the three blade over the four.

You gotta turn things like this into positives

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coreytread Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2006 at 7:11pm
Hey better to hit the stump with the boat and not my foot running 38 mph, I was about to barefoot in that area. our lake is down about 5 feet so I had no idea stumps are in the area.
bchesley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bchesley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2006 at 9:41am
Dont feel too bad cory. I hit a rock with mine last friday night at the damn on lake palestine. There aren't any more safe lakes in east texas. They all are so low now that its a crap shoot wether or not you hit something. The drought we are in has got to stop someday.
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2006 at 12:49pm
Hey Corey,

I just decided to go with the ACME 540. Seems like a popular choice. My new four blade OJ didn't do so well when I hit some rocks. Let me know how you make out with your 540.

Ken

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coreytread Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2006 at 1:40pm
Im waiting on my insurance to work for me so it will be a while. the drought in texas sucks bad.
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2006 at 2:22pm
Don't you love dealing with insurance companies? They're quick to sell you the insurance, but slow to process claims. I should have my boat fixed by Christmas at this rate.

Ken

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coreytread Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2006 at 5:54pm
hey my insurance worked out great. I cant believe it. They are even going to fix stress cracks in the gelcoat. I wasnt sure if the stump did it or not. I filed my claim on monday got a check for 3000 to day, Im sure they are gonna drop me but who cares that was good service. Ill have my boat in a week.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2006 at 6:35pm
now you should have a little extra cash for the motor hop-up if you do the work your self with the exception of the fiberglass work maybe you could talk dave into helping you out with that. the strut, shaft and prop are straight forward easy stuff you can do in a coule of hours.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coreytread Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2006 at 6:57pm
yeah Im going to do the prop shaft and strut. well Im going to help my mechanic is good about teaching me that way I understand how all this is put together.
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2006 at 10:25am
coreytread- sorry to hear about your stump grinding incident. I had a very similar thing happen a few years back- although not sure what I hit lost a complete blade right off the prop, strut, rudder and had some fiberglass damaged from the 2 blades whirling around under the boat.
I thought I would need a new shaft, but turned out, not necessary.
So, I have a brand new 1" x 41" single tapered shaft still in the packaging.
If it works for you, could save you half the price of a new one from the dealer.
Email me if you're interested
chillyh2o@charter.net
Best of Luck
-Brad
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2006 at 10:43am
i believe corey will need a 50" shaft the 41 is for the smaller 16' foots or 17' mustangs.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic