NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gel Coat

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
behindpropeller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gel Coat
    Posted: August-17-2006 at 11:13am
Can you order the correct color gel coat from the factory?

Thanks

Tim
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2006 at 11:29am
You can get it from Mini Craft in Florida. You can pick the color by manufacturer. I am not sure if you can get it from CC or not.

Mini Craft
Greg

86 BFN
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2006 at 11:39am
Yes, CC can get the gel coat to match the original gel coat for your boat. Just remember, you will get non-faded gelcoat. However, you must order 1 gallon minimum and it cost about $180.00 per gallon.

I did just this with my '93SN and the match was surprisingly spot on. However, not sure about the older boats.
BrentAL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrentAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2006 at 12:16pm
I talked to Southeast Correct Craft yesterday and they said to order it from spectrum color. The patch kit looks good to me if you just need a little.

http://www.spectrumcolor.com/

Brent
96 sn 196
oldskiboat View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldskiboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2006 at 4:11pm
The problem is that your gel coat is probably not still the same shade as a new boat. You may want to go to a fiberglass restorer and have them match the color for you. I did it for mine and just had to get the amount he mixed.
Gary
The Villages Fl.

75Southwind 20
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic