Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Leaking thru-hull fitting

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
KPNautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KPNautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Leaking thru-hull fitting
    Posted: August-20-2006 at 3:19pm
Anybody ever had a leaking thru hull fitting?
My engine raw water intake is leaking on a 2002 216. Just wondering if anyone knows how CC installed that fitting.

Thanks
RacerX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RacerX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2006 at 10:26pm
The only thru-hull fitting experience I've had was when I installed the paddle wheel for my perfect pass. I just used the clear marine RTV sealant on both sides of the hole and haven't had any leaks. I'm not very familiar with what's under that intake grate, though. Isn't it just a big 90 degree pipe fitting that screws into the hull? I think that's what mine has, but I can't remember for sure.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2006 at 10:30pm
the hull should be sandwiched between the fitting and the backing nut. not sure on the newwer models but on mine the pick-up has a flange which has sealent applied to it and a backing nut and washer and sealent is used there as well.
KPNautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KPNautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2006 at 8:50pm
Thanks for the response - I was just hoping it wasn't put in with 3M 5200 which is hard to get apart.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2006 at 9:43pm
don't rule that out just yet I would back off the nut and add some sealent then tighten the nut back up tight.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic