Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

reunion

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
gary93 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gary93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: reunion
    Posted: August-21-2006 at 12:35pm
I live in southeast Virginia. When/where is the next reunion near us. Like to go and meet and greet fellow owners.....
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2006 at 12:47pm
I live in Ohio, near Cinti. Any Ideas?
Scott
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2006 at 1:47pm
These CCF reunions are fantastic. The excitement I heard from GL and my experience with New England (on land). In my opinion, there's a couple of options.

1. Research how many other CCF members are in your state and surrounding states. Survey everyone's interest level on this site. Recruit new local CC owners to this site. If you get a response you're looking for, start planning early. Somebody needs to take the ball and run with it. It's take time and effort!

2. Stay posted to the Mid West and New England second annual reunion for 2007. Research the commute or air fare. Come join us next summer.

Ken
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2006 at 1:51pm
If you have a trailer queen then the land deals are fine but you'll never see me tow my boat to park in a lot for you to look at it, I'll send you pictures. In water is the only way to go there boats not cars they are meant to be in the water not sitting on a trailer in a parking lot. Just my personal choice nothing personal
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2006 at 2:15pm
Chris andI can tell you from experience..we were at Green Lake.. Great time!

Make sure you can get'em wet tho!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2006 at 2:37pm
Steve, are you talking about the boats getting wet?? oh, yes of course, that's right !!! Only way to do it !!!! Both reunions had a combination of both dry and wet fun.. What a great summer.. Thanks to everyone here I put more logged time in on a boat this year since I was a kid !!!

700 boats in the diaries !!! Way kool !!

Moj'
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2006 at 2:55pm
I would like to attend the Great Lake reunion next year. Keep us posted on the details!!

Ken
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2006 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by Nautique2001 Nautique2001 wrote:

I would like to attend the Great Lake reunion next year. Keep us posted on the details!!

Ken

Ken, It would be great to see and meet you up there!!!!.. We're going to meet after Labor day sometime to go over the "event's" pro's and cons and come up with a "very hard to beat" 2nd reunion... I see it doubling in size next year !!!

Moj'
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2006 at 3:22pm
Moj',

That's great. I hope others on this site consider catching a flight or making the drive next year. You caught a lot of interest of many people with the pics and stories. I'm pretty sure we can get some New Englander's out there. Once an agenda is posted, I'm sure you'll see a lot more registrations than '06. I'll work on getting Aerosmith to come.

Ken
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2006 at 4:46pm
I think Paul would appreciate Aerosmith coming!! It was in the 90's that weekend and the band just roasted !!!

Yes, I believe 07' will play out great.. Problem is there is a whole winter in-between !!! Damn...

Moj'
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2006 at 5:25pm
The winter will give time for planning and give us something to look forward to. The winter seems to drag and the summer zips by. I'll work on recruiting some friends and family to attend Great Lake. I'll need to hitch a ride on somebody's boat!

Ken
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2006 at 5:53pm
Ken, Finding a ride will be the least of your worries !!! Yes, the winter can be used for other things than Football watching... Wait, Sundays are out for reunion planning !!!
LOL..

Moj
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2006 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by Nautique2001 Nautique2001 wrote:

Ken

I was thinking the same thing.I gotta meet that "Hollywood" guy

Mike
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2006 at 11:20pm
Hey guys, can't believe you all are moaning about winter already. C'mon down here and visit. LOts of C/CFAN guys here and we never put our boats away. Added bonus; The Famous 79Nautique is now in FLA. Wood has already been here, JEFF KOSTIS is coing this fall, we've seen Big Wave Dave...now we need to see 81, Stang, Mojo, 05 210, Ken, Lake, BKH, all yuo guys are welcome. Just bring your sun tan lotion. No clouds or cold here!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2006 at 11:21pm
Nothing like skiing on Super Bowl Sunday, eh John. BKH
Livin' the Dream

69 Mustang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69 Mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2006 at 11:33pm
Gary,

I'm in Southern Maryland - pretty close (15 min.) to the lower Potomac. I would love to help put a Mid-Atlantic Reunion together.
For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong.

"Where the **** are we?" Amelia Earhart. July 2, 1937
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2006 at 11:41pm
The Dude is thinking about trailering to GL next summer. How about it David F and J_I_H?

Water temp here: 91.
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2006 at 12:19am
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

Hey guys, can't believe you all are moaning about winter already. C'mon down here and visit. LOts of C/CFAN guys here and we never put our boats away..... Just bring your sun tan lotion. No clouds or cold here!

john

Hey John,
Thats not quite the way I remember it back in Feb.when I was down there and met you!!!   9" of rain in Tampa that day! ... 48degrees one night...(people think your nuts walking around in shorts....whimps..)

I do have to say the company was good even tho we didnt get a ride in!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2006 at 9:21am
New Englanders, Come on over.

We could always shoot for one big reunion in Southern Indiana/Ohio. Seems like a fairly central location for everybody. (or i could be pissin into the wind here)

Hollywood, myself, our PLBC friends, Gotwake, quinner, brownie and the rest of the crazies would be happy to meet up with everybody.

I may be heading down to Lake Alvarado TX this fall and possibly out to meet up with BKH on the delta when it is 20 degrees in Chicago.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2006 at 9:31am
I'm going up to IN the first couple of weeks in Oct for the boys b-day might have to drag the boat back with me.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2006 at 9:38am
I'm down with that. We should attempt a location that makes it easier for everyone get to. This is a great idea that we can start testing everyones interest level. Are there any specific lakes you have in mind? I prefer lakes without markers, rocks, mines, etc. Sand is bliss! Anyway, let's start rolling with something. I'm sure we'll draw more people with a reunion in Ohio/Indiana. I've seen many Ohio listings in the diary. Count me and the wifey in. We also have enough time to generate funds for this event. Maybe we can get the attention of Correct Craft Inc. to make this an "official" Correct Craft reunion under Keith's Correct Craft Fan name.

Ken
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2006 at 9:50am
Originally posted by PLBC PLBC wrote:

We could always shoot for one big reunion in Southern Indiana/Ohio. Seems like a fairly central location for everybody. (or i could be pissin into the wind here)

I certainly wouldnt be opposed to this idea. I was hoping to make it out to whatever location you picked for next year anyways... the closer the better!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2006 at 9:56am
A central location for a lot of people might be Dale Hollow, Willow grove has nice beach area but there realy isn't a sand bar First island isn't to bad but the lake is pretty big.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2006 at 10:01am
With plenty of time to plan, this is realistic. I'll have to rent a tow vehicle as my Mountaineer is getting pretty tired. I saw Lay Lake on the other thread. That's huge! Ohio is ideal too. I'm sure we'll put our minds together an come up with something cool.

Ken
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2006 at 10:04am
Is this what you're suggesting,79?

Dale Hollow

Ken
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2006 at 10:23am
that's the lake but I wouldn't go all the way up into the rivers

Willow grove, hendricks creek, sulphur creek, lilly dale state park would be better places to me to launch from. Sulfur creek has camping, cabins, rooms, resturent and store just have to be a little carefull with the beer and libations in Kentucky there dry counties in that area but a lot of the lake is on the tennessee side. Willow grove has a simular set-up and is on the south side of the lake.
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2006 at 10:27am
We'll have plenty of time to hash all this out for next year and location is certainly going to be an issue. We had a great time up at Green but I'm not against moving it to a more central location and have already been to a couple of sites that might work.

When we really get into discussing this after Labor day just remember that a good site has to have facilities not just a nice lake, that is the main issue. Lodging, camping, a park nearby, we have to get the slalom course in this year and I would like to have a spot for some real skiing/wakeboarding, I'm pretty sure we'll have a pro boarder out this year as long a we pick a date early enough, Correct Craft will help us with that.

Green Lake had a lot of good reasons to return but a major drawback was lack of skiable water and it is quite far north. So give it some thought for a month or so and then we'll get working on it officially.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2006 at 10:32am
there is plenty of skiable water 24/7 on dale hollow just thu that out there mainly to get the guys further south a chance to come was my main thought reasoning but it is a deep lake and we would have to meet a couple of of spot on shore there is one strip of and island kind of in the middle that might work I'll have to svope things out in Oct when mom goes down to close up the trailer.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2006 at 10:45am
I agree, Alan. You guys have center stage on the planning. I'll pretty much go anywhere. Obviously there's a point that I won't take my boat. We will follow your lead. I'm there regardless. We'll wait to see what options come up, then go from there. It would be easier to organize one large reunion. Keith was going in 100 directions with GL and NE. My motivation is to meet new people and see different boats.

Hey, how about Switzerland or Australia?

Ken
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2006 at 11:01am
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

LOts of C/CFAN guys here and we never put our boats away. Added bonus; The Famous 79Nautique is now in FLA. Wood has already been here, JEFF KOSTIS is coing this fall, we've seen Big Wave Dave...now we need to see 81, Stang, Mojo, 05 210, Ken, Lake, BKH, all yuo guys are welcome. Just bring your sun tan lotion. No clouds or cold here!

john

Fine, I guess I won't come over and visit if you don't want me too.

Scratch that, maybe I will but it will be @ 3am doing donuts on your front lawn haha.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic