NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Any Motorcycle lovers out there?

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any Motorcycle lovers out there?
    Posted: August-21-2006 at 2:44pm
Off topic thread here- but thought there were at least a handfull of Motorcycle enthusiasts on this site...

Here's a link to my pal Richards' travel blog site:

www.richardsbiketrip.com

He's riding his Triumph around the world.

He started in Boston and has made it to the west coast already- He'll be shipping the bike from Seattle to Russia as soon as his visa comes in.

Bookmark the site and check back every couple weeks!

Send this link along to your fellow biker buds-

If you get a chance- email him- send some good karma his way!

Thanks
-Brad
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2006 at 3:24pm
Mike (05 210) is a big motorcycle fan. I'm sure you'll see him jump on this thread.

Ken
Duck Soup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duck Soup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2006 at 8:30pm
Brad,

Checked out the website/trip log. That's a trip of a lifetime I'm jealous. I have a 74 Triumph Triple (Trident) makes me wanna jump on it and catch up to him. I emailed him and will check back when I think of it. Yes I have a lot of old stuff!

Dale
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2006 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by Nautique2001 Nautique2001 wrote:

Mike (05 210) is a big motorcycle fan. I'm sure you'll see him jump on this thread.

Ken

Correction...I WAS a big motorcycle fan.Don't ever pick your passion as your occupation!Lol.It's just been a long summer.Looks like your buddy is having a great trip,Brad.I'll try to shoot him an e-mail&check back in when I have more time.I'm trying to get ready to take the family camping,so I gotta go pack up some stuff.
    I am a Harley technician and most of my customers are not really bikers(even though they think they are)and I commend Richard for having what it takes to pull that off.Not an easy feat by any means.I thought only guys that rode BMW's were that dedicated

Mike
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2006 at 11:00pm
Mike: I am a Harley rider and was interested in your "not really a biker" comment. I know that many of us who own Harleys are not what you'd think of as bikers the way they used to look. We are generally regular guys, not those big ole rough mean guys of the past. But we are "bikers" none the less. Hope I didn't take your comment the wrong way. Ask JEFF KOSTIS, he can vouch that I am an ok guy. Not trying to stir up trouble, just my .02 worth.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2006 at 7:16am
Dale and Mike- thanks for checking out his travel site and emailing him- I would love to catch up with him too, but just sold my last bike (Kawi KLR 650) and have our first baby on the way.
Keeping up with him via the website is the next best thing to actually riding along side him.
I work with a guy who has riden Goldwings in 3 Iron Butt rallies- these guys are bikers!
Thanks again for supporting Richard!
-Brad
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2006 at 7:48am
   Jbear,

I think you did take my comment the wrong way.I should have been more clear about what I meant.I consider a biker someone who isn't afraid to ride their bike.It doesn't matter if they're clean or dirty,ride a Harley or a Honda,just that they love to ride.I guess that's where I wasn't clear.I can tell buy your posts that you are a nice guy,and look foward to someday meeting you.I have been in the motorcycle business for 12 years and I've seen a lot of guys(and girls) that buy bikes and never ride them,or ride them 500 miles a year(as long as the sun's out).I guess enthusiast may have been a better word to use.If you were offended,I appologize,that was not my intention....And I agree with you,If you love to ride and do so whenever you can,then you are a "biker" and you don't need a patch on the back of your jacket to prove it.

Mike
64 Skier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2006 at 8:44am
In 1980, I rode a '72 Sportster from Kansas to Louisiana to register for college. Back then, if one of the guy's in the shop had any reason at all, we would kick start'em and leave town for several days at a time and almost lose our jobs when we returned. I still ride a Sportster.
64 Skier
66" HO VTX and 67" HO Triumph
71CC
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2006 at 9:15am
I once drove a dirt bike as a kid. It was pretty cool.

Ken
NECC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NECC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2006 at 12:53pm
Wow...I rode the Fatboy all the way from Gonic to Rochester and back in the rain the other day. Are you impressed 05 210?

HA HA
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2006 at 1:30pm
How many of you out there around my age (early 50s-ish) spent a part of 1969 watching Then Came Bronson on TV? I think that show made a whole generation of teenage boys dream of hitting the road on our harleys. I never quite made it. Did have a little rice burner commuter bike in grad school but when I needed money for things like food, I sold it. This guy is living the dream. Best of luck to him. His journal reminds me of that of an acquaintance who thru hiked the entire appalachian trail a couple years ago.
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2006 at 5:45pm
Just sold my Hog this spring !!!!Went on a few 1000 mile trips the last 10 years.. Made room for my wife and kids and now the boat.. I do miss it a lot... Great stress reliever. However, I've never been on a boat during one summer with my family like this one.What a great summer.....

Moj'
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2006 at 10:16pm
Mike: Cool, no offense taken. Some of the "old" Harley guys are not to cool about 50ish guys like me that are now on bikes. You might have seen the pics of mine on here. Heritage Classic. '96. About 30K on her. Me and Mrs.jbear been all over in all kinds of weather. Third bike. Had a 350 Honda, 1200 Screaming Eagle Sportster (way to fast) and now the Heritage. Mrs. jbear rides a Virago.
Gotta ride 'em to enjoy 'em!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
NECC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NECC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2006 at 11:24pm
Its all about the ride....Correct Crafts and Harleys just go together!

This is one of the heaps I enjoy riding in the sunshine. The original owner was a little conservative and plain in his customization but its an OK ride...The 210 Team in the back ground makes the whole picture...Right 05 210
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2006 at 11:48pm
      That's right jbear,gotta ride 'em to enjoy 'em.As you can see in the above post,NECC(blah,blah,blah) has put on display for you the Softail I used to own.I thought I'd get a lot more use out of a boat with my family,so I traded her in.That is the 210 I currently own that is partially pictured in the background.I would say judging from his above comments that he is extremely bored today.You can take it for what it is coming from a guy who TRAILERS his bike to Sturgis(in the middle of the summer,no less). Trailers are for boats.

All kidding aside,NECC,hope all is well with the family.I made an appointment today for my 75 hour service,see you Monday.
    p.s. How far exactly is Gonic from Rochester and was it downpouring,or just drizzle??
        Mike
NECC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NECC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2006 at 12:24am
I knew I could get a rise out of ya 05 210. HA HA..You know I'm only kidding.

The reason for trailering is I have not found a way to through my leg over both bikes at the same time to ride them to Sturgis.

Ya never know when you will need a spare bike or better yet another bike to ride. Its better to have and not need, then to need and not have.

It was pouring ...I mean just drizzel for the whole 5 mile round trip. The point is the bike got somewhat wet on the ride.

Wow...75 hours already...Time to trade on a 220!

Craig

05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2006 at 1:27am
   I'll give you my used 210(mint,clean,one owner)with75hrs,for a new 220 and that "heap" of a Harley I used to own.Oh,and I'll need a new trailer with the bigger boat.
      Sorry Brad for hijacking this thread.
didn't mean to steal your friends thunder.

Mike
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2006 at 8:26am
No worries Mike- It's nice to hear a little 'friendly' exchange.
Thanks again for checking out his travel log-
He rode through Sturgis on his way- posted a couple nice photos of the scenery there too-
-Brad
NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2006 at 10:16am
Hey Brad,
Your Buddie's site is very cool w/ great pics (I wish he'd stop dropping that thing though).
I'll be checking it out alot - Thanks.
I had some pretty cool big wheels & bikes w/ added forks & sissy bars way back when - Do these count????
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2006 at 11:35am
Nauti- thanks for checking it out. It must be pretty top heavy with all the gear/ bags/ weight hanging off it. Noone likes to see a nice bike on it's side. As long as he doesn't put it down at speed- it's all-good by me.
-Brad
NECC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NECC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2006 at 11:49am
Forgot to mention the link to Richards ride was very interesting. What a great way to travel and the stories to tell after the trip!

I would like to do a trip of that caliber someday by not pushing to get there but to leave enough time to enjoy the ride, sites and the people you meet on such a trip like Richard did.

Thanks
Craig

oldskiboat View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldskiboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2006 at 12:40pm
I had a 1964 Norton Atlas flat track Scrambler back in 1966 to 69. What a great bike. It was made with a matchless frame and a Norton 750cc engine. I'll try to find a picture to post.

Gary
The Villages Fl.

75Southwind 20
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2006 at 3:41pm
Here's a small pic of the KLR I just sold this spring. It was a great dual sport bike for commuting to work and exploring the power lines/ dirt roads/ trails/ railroad tracks around my home town.

One less thing to store/ maintain/ insure, etc. We're building an addition onto the house and have our first baby on the way- so I'll be taking a few years off motorcycling (like 18 or 20)
-Brad
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2006 at 11:19am
quick update on Richardsbiketrip.com
He and the bike are on Russian soil..
-Brad
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2006 at 9:55pm
I jumped on his site the other day,but it didn't look like there was any new info.how's he doing?

Mike
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-13-2006 at 10:04pm
Mike- he just posted a couple new stories. Seems to be doing very well. The last post is a real cliff hanger- check it out.
-Brad
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 10:41am
For those who are interseted, Richard made it across Russia. Last I heard from him, he was chilin in Amsterdam. The online travel log lags behind by a couple weeks, but there are some updates there.
-Brad

richardsbiketrip.com
93/70 ccpb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 93/70 ccpb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 9:48pm
hello fellow riders,im on my fifth bike ,1 dirt bike/74 norton commando /yamaha 1980 and 1986/present bike 2003 low rider,sorry cant get photo to fit.
what you dont want to hear from jbear and bill.you cant get in the boat till you get your minute,and they throw you back in water!
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2006 at 10:30pm
ccpb- not alot of riders on here- as it is a boat site. thanks for checkin in on topic though. Starting out on a dirt bike is the way to go. My first street bike I bought in boxes and a$$embled myself.A disa$$embled Suzuki 750 with a huge windjammer fairing- what was I thinkin?
btw- what was the third time all about?
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2006 at 9:25am
I've got a 1978 Honda cx500; it's a shaft driven liquid cooled bike, the first one Honda built. I put 3000 miles on it this summer, and that was mostly commuter/work miles. 54 mpg is why I drive it. It gives me more money to buy gas for the boat!
Currently I'm rebuilding the carbs, hopefully have it done before too long.

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic