Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wanted 1971 Barracuda Stern Light

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
msbarracuda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msbarracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wanted 1971 Barracuda Stern Light
    Posted: August-22-2006 at 1:43pm
HI! Looking for an original stern light for a 1971 Barracuda. Mine was lost when we moved 20 years ago. This my first posting as I have just found correctcraftfans.com. Thanks Sarah
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2006 at 4:40pm
You should be able to go about anywhere that sells marine parts and pick one up wal-mart would even have one I think

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msbarracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2006 at 5:42pm
Thanks for the reply. Actually I was looking for an original stern light/flag pole. Anyone out there have one or am I shooting for the moon????
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2006 at 6:48pm
the orginal is still made today for that year boat, usually the flag poles are separate and mounted on the bow most that have a flag on the stren light are done by the owner and not the factory. Unscrew the base socket and look for the brand of the manufacture molded somewhere on it then find that brand at the store and your in business.
65 'cuda View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65 'cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2006 at 7:08pm
I don't know what the 71 Barracudas used, but my 65 has a telescoping stern light. It has a knurled friction ring that you loosen to raise the pole, then tighten into place. With the pole up it will accept a flag. I looked very hard for a new one, I don't think they are made anymore. I had the old one replated.

I do have a spare base for this a$$embly, but no pole/ light. You may be able to fit a new pole and light into the base and have the telescoping unit. Let me know if you are interested in the base.

Gary
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2006 at 12:20am
Welcome to a great site!

What style light does your 71 have? Is it removable , or the telescoping one like 65 has?

My 64 had the light changed to a removable style. I drilled and installed two stainless hooks in the shaft to hold the flag. I also "converted" the lense from the opaque white , with a squared of shoulder at the top, to a rounded top, clear , fluted lense. Looks correct for the age.

Heres the only pic I could find on this computer showing it.

Good luck!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msbarracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2006 at 1:14pm
Thanks for all the replys. My original stern light was not telescoping but it was much heavier aluminium or chrome with a larger shaped light socket at the top than anything I can find now. It has a 2 prong plug inbase. The flag's 2 attachments were integral to the casting. Does anyone have an extra one out there?? Thanks sarah
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2006 at 12:42am
Sarah,
Sounds like a cool light.. Ive never seen one with integral flag attacments.. look for two of them while your at it!
Good Luck!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2006 at 7:37am
Sarah,

Take a look at this one. DrCC on this site had it for sale a short time ago. He may still have it if this is what you need. There is a post under parts for sale:4sale66mustang.

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g96/DrCC-74/strnltflg-01.jpg

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g96/DrCC-74/strnltflg-02.jpg
Greg

86 BFN
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2006 at 1:02pm
still have it. 45 shipped
it is the telescoping type.
base

light w/ flag
the white plastic part of the light is 3" tall.
nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2006 at 1:08pm
Check attwood or Perko they still make alot of the lights and hardware that CC used.
I found all new replacements for my 71 separator.
spc238 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spc238 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-14-2006 at 11:57am
Interested in stern light. Is there any pitting on the chrome? Please response with price.
Thanks, stan
spc238@aol.com
spc238
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2006 at 11:47am
West marine carries the Perko #1209DP2CHR The West # is 199655 It is to my knoledge the only ster light that hasn't gone plastic and is the correct model for the Barracuda
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic