NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Footin with the PLBC boys

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 11>
Author
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Footin with the PLBC boys
    Posted: August-28-2006 at 10:53am
I had the PLBC boys out for a day of footin Saturday, cracked the first beer before 9:30am, what a day, and the old guy's (me and Booby) came away in one piece!!

First shot needs a title:
I was thinking something along the lines of "3 reasons to use Trojans" or maybe "Don't Ask Don't Tell".

Kurt - Johnny - Kevin

stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2006 at 11:13am
"The reason some animals eat there young".
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2006 at 11:15am
Whoops...spelling boo-boo..."their young"
stang

The Super Air

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2006 at 11:58am
Quinner and Booby were proving that old age doesn't mean you can't hang with the young guns. I'm pretty sure Chris had the most runs as well as longest run of the day too. Unfortunately there isn't a shot of Jonny's nose AFTER he walked straight into the bimini, haha.
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2006 at 12:51pm
aww stuff, the lighting in that pic totally doesn't bring out my eyes.

seriously though, we had a blast and I hope to be doin what quinner and booby can do at their age.

lets see some of the good pics.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2006 at 1:18pm
Man, you would think we got one foot in the grave already, come on, I am not even on the blue pills yet!

Here is the first set, Hollywood Booby and I

quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2006 at 1:36pm
Another round with Hollywood, Booby and me.

Approching some rollers

See ya Booby, Hollywood and I ride em out

Where did hollywood go??

PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2006 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Man, you would think we got one foot in the grave already, come on, I am not even on the blue pills yet!

just razzin you a bit, how you feelin today?
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2006 at 2:04pm
Hollywood Booby and I again

I am toast!

Nice job, they both managed to ski past my line/handle!

Lots of collisions and bumps that day, some survived, some not.

quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2006 at 2:14pm
Kurt,

Just a little sore yesterday, today the congestion is killing me, my nose is running like a river, Quinner to self - duct tape nose next time.

Next time we need to get some more players so we can pull 4 or even 5 at once, who's in?
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2006 at 2:23pm
Awesome pictures!!! Must be amazing to watch in person. That wake is flat as a board too. Is that 40-42 MPH?

Ken
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2006 at 2:26pm
Not to share in the limelight, those are great pics guys. But here is some incentive to shoot for more players. I wish I was in your part of the country, I'd volunteer to join the team.

(I'm 51...is that old enough?)
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2006 at 2:27pm
The wake was indeed amazingly small. I'm used to climbing that wall behind the 2001 to get over, wasn't even an isssue behind the 206 hull. I have no idea what the speeds were but I'm guessing low 40s like Ken is also suggesting. Even the deep starts felt plenty quick.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2006 at 2:49pm
In looking at the pics again, I see you have mastered the art of "cheeking"...steering with your butt so as to avoid your colleagues on the start...a valuable skill.
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2006 at 2:49pm
We had another rope and handle but never ended up going for 4. By years end we will have 5.

Speed was right in the range mentioned. That boat had such a solid pull and very little bow rise, a treat to drive.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2006 at 3:04pm
Ken,

We were mostly running right around 40 I believe, it is always a blast to be right next to eachother, gabbin at 40mph, the biggest trip is when you bang into eachother, Booby took me out on one start, I just stood and he was still butt ridin, he bounced off of Hollywood which shot him straight at me, he came across like a chop block.

We could use ya man, I am 42 and Booby is 45, we did spank the youngens a couple times but they rebounded, Hollywood was solid all day and we always made him ride on the inside through the corners, no question he worked a bit harder. Still have some shots of Kurt Johnny and Hollywood to post.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2006 at 3:10pm
One of my favorite "threesome" shots. These go back a few years, but great memories. This is in a frame on my bookcase at work. I have to confess, my endurance isn't quite what it used to be...I can't barefoot as long either.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2006 at 3:14pm
You guys make the sport look like cake. It must be a huge rush being side by side at 40MPH+ on barefeet. It takes me 100% of focus on what I'm doing to stay up. I also didn't know that you could use an extended pylon to barefoot. Must give you a nice lift out of the water. Now you just need two other people to jump in the picture. Keep the cool pics coming!

Ken
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2006 at 3:27pm
Looks good guys,

I wonder how many hours I would have to put on the stairmaster this off season before I could fit into my old barefoot suit?
I never did master a deep start although at the time I was trying to learn all the fastest boat I had was my 16 foot outboard I am guessing the inboard would make it a bit easier.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2006 at 3:31pm
Can you see me in that pic??? I'm the guy on shore with the 100 quart cooler and a lawn chair...

Man these are great !!! I should have come out just to watch you guys.. Glad to see you guys (young and old) get together and tear up the water as a result of this site !!!

How cool !!

Moj'
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2006 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

I have to confess, my endurance isn't quite what it used to be...I can't barefoot as long either.

Am I reading too much into this?? Nice pics by the way.

On the starts I try to cheek out but sometimes don't make it over the crest and end up shooting back into the middle guy. As long as he can hang on I'll get up and out of the way. It helps to have a nice plump bottom to glide over that wake.
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2006 at 3:33pm
No, you are not. This guy is a comedian.

ROFLMAO
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2006 at 3:50pm
5 or 6 would be a good number to shoot for at Shelby...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2006 at 4:35pm
I knew I've seen you guys before:

Ken
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2006 at 4:36pm
Quite possibly my favorite attire for skiing right there.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2006 at 4:53pm
That would be a riot to see you guys skiing with those clothes and gla$$es on. Love the mustaches too!

Ken
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2006 at 4:55pm
Great photos! So are all you guy's comming down to Shelbyville?
stang

The Super Air

PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2006 at 5:26pm
I will not be there.

79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2006 at 6:57pm
come on at least use the fake mustache's that would be awsome.

Looks like a great time was had out on the water...
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-28-2006 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by Mojoman Mojoman wrote:

Can you see me in that pic??? I'm the guy on shore with the 100 quart cooler and a lawn chair...

Man these are great !!! I should have come out just to watch you guys.. Glad to see you guys (young and old) get together and tear up the water as a result of this site !!!

How cool !!

Moj'

Mojo,

Cla$$ic, we could have used you, or at least your 100qt cooler, we did run out of beer, lucky Booby had some backup's in his fridge since mine was empty!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 11>
  Share Topic