NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Footin with the PLBC boys

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 891011>
Author
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2007 at 8:02pm
I think we could put together a pretty good size bunch of skiers for a weekend trip. We'll talk it over this weekend but it's going to be a long winter so don't hold your breath for details. This could be our spring warmup trip and then finish off with Shelbyville again after laborday, with a stop at GL in the middle ofcourse.

I'd like to put together a weekender on the Illinois too and I'm definately in for atleast one trip up to the PLBC stomping grounds.

CCFan tour dates to be announced. Stay tuned.

You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2007 at 8:10pm
I guess will have to start that thread Alan.

CCFan tour Guide
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2007 at 9:53pm
Wow.....really miss a lot when you're gone for a few days. Yes, the wife and I have been talking about seeing how many we can get together at our place in the spring. We're not on the water, but only about a 20 minute drive to water that's smooth 90% of the time. We'd like to have something here, 'cuz we've been to Chicago lots of times to hang out with everyone there. For reference, I'm in South Bend, which is 1.5 hours from downtown Chicago, same from Kalamazoo, 3 hours from Indy, and about 3 hours from Toledo. Nothing in concrete yet, but I think we could draw a big group.

Rob
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-23-2007 at 10:00pm
Rob that would great, because that would cut my drive time way down, I might even consider bringing both boats.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2007 at 12:47am
Originally posted by rleinen79 rleinen79 wrote:

Wow.....really miss a lot when you're gone for a few days. Yes, the wife and I have been talking about seeing how many we can get together at our place in the spring. We're not on the water, but only about a 20 minute drive to water that's smooth 90% of the time. We'd like to have something here, 'cuz we've been to Chicago lots of times to hang out with everyone there. For reference, I'm in South Bend, which is 1.5 hours from downtown Chicago, same from Kalamazoo, 3 hours from Indy, and about 3 hours from Toledo. Nothing in concrete yet, but I think we could draw a big group.

Rob

Count me in!

- JHughes79
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2007 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by rleinen79 rleinen79 wrote:

Wow.....really miss a lot when you're gone for a few days. Yes, the wife and I have been talking about seeing how many we can get together at our place in the spring. Rob

Rob, better not stay away for too long around here, we've already started renting out camping spots in your back yard

Seriously though, this could be a great spot for a get together especially early spring before the wallys get going. Nice water conditions and a slalom course.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2007 at 3:00pm
Rob
Count me in. I'll caravan with 87.
Steve
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2007 at 9:05pm
That would work for me Tull.
bftskir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bftskir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2008 at 9:53pm
It seems you guys have let this thread die? Whats up with that?
I saw a post about putting a boom on a BFN, worried about the edge of the gunnel...don't worry about it, it won't mess it up. we used ours for years like that...plus it was barefoot school boat...over 3000 hours on it

I have upgraded from it to a Sanger
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2008 at 10:12pm
I'm not touching the "upgrade" comment. That BFN is choice.
Steve
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2008 at 12:08am
Originally posted by tullfooter tullfooter wrote:

I'm not touching the "upgrade" comment. That BFN is choice.
Steve

HAHAAA ! Saw that BFN pic on Wakeworld the other day. Post some links to your youtube vids Andy, lots of footers on this site.
   That's one hell of an extended pylon you got there.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
86BFN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86BFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2008 at 12:28am
Originally posted by tullfooter tullfooter wrote:

Rob
Count me in. I'll caravan with 87.
Steve

Meet ya at Angola exit
Steve
👣 Steve
86 Barefoot Nautique

89 Martinique
Former Owner: 93 Hydrodyne 350 MAG
bftskir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bftskir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2008 at 1:13am
Did I say upgrade?
I mean't update because the BFN was every bit equal to a Sanger in quality and footability. But Sanger is pulling the tournaments and is pulling the Worlds in New Zealand in January 09. So a footers gotta do what a footers gotta do.(no I'm not sking in it and did not ski any events this year but I have/will again wait I take that back I did do this:

I read the whole 10 pages and loved it all.
watched a bunch of videos. (I was socked in a thick fog all day the sun never came out today- it sucked)

yeah, I've been roasted a few times over on wakeworld but it's alot of fun over there, I was banned for posting a link to that naked backdeep(you guys have it here under Hollywoods Backdeep! LOL), the owner of the site personally kicked me off...mentioned a "twig and berries" but after 6 or 12 months...I don't know how long it was I went back over and it(he) let me in...I've been trying hard to behave myself and so far I am still allowed.

Here's a link to Roy's 75 barefoot videos plus one to Brian's they are sacfooter and norcalfooter on youtube.

barefoot videos

more barefoot videos

In some of the posts I heard some mention an end? to the season?
what the heck is that?

I am GlassSeeker too...=bftskir
bftskir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bftskir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2008 at 1:22am
Thats Jerry Kanawyer with me up above.

here he is flipping over Mike Temby's rope

this was an extreme sport show with all kinds of stuff.
this happened there that day...
Teresa went 100mph or so
100mph Teresa
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2016 at 11:59am
Originally posted by bftskir bftskir wrote:

It seems you guys have let this thread die? Whats up with that?

What, it's only been idle for 8yrs, lmao, see if we can wake it up to go along with Joel's "10yrs ago ALREADY" thread.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2016 at 12:24pm
What a great thread to look back at. We were all just getting acquainted. 10 years ago, Hollywood was like 12 right? Joe talks about not learning to deep water yet, JBear saying he only steps off now, doesn't own a BF suit (now he's the back deep master). Talking smack between NE and MW, now your all on the same Buckethead team. What was fun to read about is all the beginning footers, or non footers or retired footers that got into it or back into it as a result of this group. I never stopped, but from the late 80s when I left my footin' buddies in Houston until 2007, when I hooked up with Ken, Tim, Brad and Keith, my skill set absolutely stopped. A waste of 20 years.

Somewhere in there is my design for the "new England footers" t-shirt. JBear said he wanted one of those. So I made up an actual shirt and sent it to him. There is a picture of him in it floating around somewhere, but I doubt I could ever find it.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2016 at 12:27pm
The "learning to barefoot" thread kinda became the catch all for footin' talk. So happy to see the growth of barefooting on CCF.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2016 at 1:00pm
Did Quinner and Hollywood know each other before CCF?

You guys have taught and grown barefooting on CCF a lot, which has snow balled into other areas. I can think of 4 people in Maine that started either long line or short line last summer because you guys got Dave addicted.
67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2016 at 1:12pm
I would love to learn how to barefoot!! never have before.
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2016 at 1:25pm
At that time planetnautique was more active. It also had private messaging, where CCF did not. Technically I met quinner and M3Fan from there. Larry loves to quote me from PN when I doubted CCF's sustainability.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2016 at 1:27pm
No Bruce we did not know each other before CCF. We got together to ski iirc via PM's here or on PN for the first time in the spring of 2005'.

quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2016 at 1:39pm
Technically though HW maybe it does tie back to CCF, believe the first time we spoke was your email response to my For Sale ad for the Paragon which was back in spring of 2004. LOL, I was like who is this kid who wants to come see the boat, it's for Sale not for Show, lmao.

After GL 2006 then things really started to take off, Reid, Timmy, Joe, BKH and others make GL 2007, started getting together locally to ski or drink beers, local becomes national which then becomes international with the likes of Kristof, Kap, Lewy, Roger

All really great stuff!!
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2016 at 1:41pm
My first face to face was with Ken at his home lake, Cochitchuchitutuchitihcithiitieeuit or something like that, one day after work. Next time was with Ken, Keith Tim and Brad up at Brads house. I think both of those were 2007. I remember first meeting Keith, I was like meeting a rock star.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2016 at 1:50pm
I think all your 2005 dates are actually 2006 quinner
Hansel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hansel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2016 at 2:47pm
Took me until 2013 to meet anybody face to face, but I started lurking probably around ten years ago and remember this thread and others that eventually led to me learning how to (crudely) barefoot myself in late 2007.

Oddly for this site, I don't even own a boat due to my career. I just convinced my parents to buy a '97 SN in the fall of 2006. We do all the maintenance ourselves thanks to this site and have spent hundreds of hours together in an around it working and playing and the boat is still like new (~400 hours now).

Since nobody cares to argue over politics or global warming (or science generally) anymore (where are the Daves?) I don't chime in much because that is where my actual expertise lies. Even though I don't post much I am still on at least once or twice a day on average and consider ya'll my internet family (since I shun facebook, etc. for the real social media, web forums). If Green Lake relocates to Indiana this summer I hope to see a lot of you there!
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2016 at 2:54pm
Don't forget my brain is 10 years older and has had 10 more years worth of beer since then

Test more brain cells, list the attendees of the first GL in 2006, kind of where it all started:
Keith
Mojo & Crew
Alan & Dana
HW, Skirt, Johnny
CQ, Brownie, Meyers
Paul & Band
79 Nautique
Bohnert Bros
Gary H
Brian W
Paragon Chuck
Rob L
Joel
Todd & Renee
BKH
Ken K
Steve W
Terry P
Martin w/green Martinique???

Ripster and crew
Pat Allen

Know I am missing some ???
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2016 at 3:15pm
Don't recall who the Bohnert brothers are. Don't recall Marty Martinique or Terry there in '06. I have a picture of a blue hulled first generation Mustang that I can't put an owner to.

Adding:
Raindog
Tribal
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2016 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Don't forget my brain is 10 years older and has had 10 more years worth of beer since then

Test more brain cells, list the attendees of the first GL in 2006, kind of where it all started:
Keith
Mojo & Crew
Alan & Dana
HW, Skirt, Johnny
CQ, Brownie, Meyers
Paul & Band
79 Nautique
Brian W
Paragon Chuck
Rob L
Joel
BKH
Ken K
Tribal
Pat Allen
Ripster

No Raindog in 06' He hit the scene the next year

Looked more like this CQ. Much smaller 1st year than you remember.. It was a riot.. Especially Brownie bombed out of his mind swearing on the mic at 11 pm in the park.. Oh man..... Goose never knew what hit em..

Moj
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2016 at 3:49pm
I remember that it was a good time! and it was hot!! the band stand in the park was like playing in an oven! 2006 and 2007 were a couple of my favorite years!

yes you are right Mojo.....the goose was a riot !!

I think Keith was there that year too?? right?

Paul,
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2016 at 3:57pm
No doubt I may be wrong but I am pretty sure?? Your saying Gary Hein wasn't there?
Scott B and his brother were there, day trip.
Terry showed up solo and boatless. I came in 23 from the west that year, 23 was closed with detours before GL, we were all discombobulated and Terry appears out of nowhere and says follow me. If it wasn't for him Brownie and I might still be lost up there.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 891011>
  Share Topic