Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How Do I take the Impleller out

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
1998Nautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1998Nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How Do I take the Impleller out
    Posted: August-30-2006 at 12:24am
For Winterization
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2006 at 8:21am
Remove pump from bracket, then take the back plate off. Be careful, there is a spring behind the impellor and it could pop out and part of the seal could fall out. Also, make sure the key on the shaft which holds the impellor doesn't fall out.
Tim D
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2006 at 10:14am
Tim what kind of pump are you running? The Sherwood's on both of my PCM's did/do not have springs. A 1998 PCM is probably running a Sherwood pump.
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2006 at 4:11pm
I just happen to have an extra seal kit. I noticed the pump was leaking a small amount of water earlier this summer, but not enough to change it out yet. Here's a pic of the seal kit. These parts go behind the impellor to keep water away from the bearing at the front. It is a sherwood pump and sherwood parts.

Tim D
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2006 at 11:10am
Ah. "behind" got me and the fact you are installing new bearings/seals. makes sense now.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic