Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone ever heard of a speedo declogger?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
brimeg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brimeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone ever heard of a speedo declogger?
    Posted: August-30-2006 at 10:43pm
I was doing some wiring on the new toy - 1986 Ski and when I got under the dash I see two push buttons with a main unit receiving power from the accessory breaker.

Item says speedometer declooger. You push the button and and it does something (what I am not sure, but it does something).

Just curious if anyone has every seen one of these before. I am guessing it is more of just a gymic that died off a long time ago as I have never seen or heard of this before.

I will snap a picture for others to see.

Brian
captinr View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captinr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2006 at 8:54am
I remember back when I bought my "84 SN there was a product marketed to clear clogged pickups with compressed air. Keep poking around and see if there is a small compressor mounted somewhere in the boat. Good luck
brimeg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brimeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2006 at 9:55am
There is such a small compressor. Just thought the contraption was interesting as I had never heard of it before. Thanks for the reply.

Brian

JR_VIC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JR_VIC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2006 at 10:24am
It was called "Aquaclear" and I still have one on my 92 SNCB. It was a very cool device back in the day. I lived over in Austin at the time when I installed mine because the water there had alot of small particles in the water causing the speedo to constantly stop working. I would ask my wife to use the tach for a speedo but she always complained "Why do they put speedos in these boats if they don't work"? Fair enough...and remember this was before Perfect Pa$$. I installed it and it worked great! One of my lines was leaking last year and I was not using it mainly because I now have Perfect pa$$ but I went ahead and got it working again. I have a small switch on the lower dash and when the speedo clogs I just push it over to the left, the pump comes on, and the speedo works again. I can post pics if you like. It was a cool accessory for me back in the day. It was made by the same people that make the shaft seals...PSS.   
Mark Mel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2006 at 11:56am
Please post pics of the set up. I wonder if I can make something like this.
1978 Nautique

FBook - www.facebook.com/charliedontsurfct
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2006 at 1:17pm
Huh, stock or aftermarket? I don't recall seeing one on my '86.

Ken
Mark Mel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2006 at 1:24pm
I imagine that it's just a small compressor thats hooked inline with the speedo tubes.

One thing I'd like to figure out is how to make the air go aft instead of forward where I'm sure that a blast of air may not be good for the airguide.
1978 Nautique

FBook - www.facebook.com/charliedontsurfct
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2006 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by Nautique2001 Nautique2001 wrote:

Huh, stock or aftermarket? I don't recall seeing one on my '86.

Ken

Definitely aftermarket. We didnt have one on any of our Nautiques- but it sure sounds cool! Our lake is fairly shallow and the old Airguide pick ups were always catching weeds. The new pitots seem much better though.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic