NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fall Season Skiing / Boating

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
Author
Mark Mel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fall Season Skiing / Boating
    Posted: September-07-2006 at 1:33pm
Lake Zoar CT?
1978 Nautique

FBook - www.facebook.com/charliedontsurfct
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2006 at 12:25pm
Any chance of shifting the meeting point southward a bit????
mgswed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgswed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-07-2006 at 11:55am
Ken, I'd love to meet up with you guys sometime after work. Maybe even at Indian Lake sometime. Its so hard sometimes to get out when no ones around to either drive you or spot for you. It's be great to get out a few more time before the year is over. -Matt
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2006 at 10:32pm
Very cool, guys.
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-06-2006 at 9:08am
Originally posted by Barracuda Barracuda wrote:

The rain held off just long enough for Ken to get his feet back on- looking good out there Ken.Had a good time fellas, hope to do it again soon.
Tim, I'm ready for some barefoot lessons

I had an awesome time too, that gla$$ was amazing. Ill take some more runs on that water any time! Thanks again Brad!

The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2006 at 11:04pm
You're up kind of late Jbear.
Are your cut-offs frayed?
My son and I went out at dinner time tonight, trying to squeeze in all the skiing time we can in the fall. The best part? We were the only boat on the lake. Wahoo!
Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2006 at 10:58pm
You guys are really makin' me (and BKH too) feel sorry for ya. No winter here. No puttin' away the boat or bike. You all can come on down.

Larry: I am up for the double runs. In cut-offs. Me and you don't need no stinking fancy suits like them PLBC dudes. I am 55 so add up the years for me. I am not sure I can DWS in shorts anymore tho.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2006 at 10:39pm
The rain held off just long enough for Ken to get his feet back on- looking good out there Ken.Had a good time fellas, hope to do it again soon.
Tim, I'm ready for some barefoot lessons
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2006 at 3:16pm
How's the weather in Groton, Brad? Doppler is looking a little green, unless that's just high clouds.

Ken
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2006 at 3:14pm
Calm day in MA so far. No wind and the rain is holding off. I'm looking forward to getting my feet on. It's been three years, but should be like riding a bike, right?

Counting the hours.....

Ken
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2006 at 3:10pm
Hi Larry,

Not a good boating weekend except for yesterday. I spent some quiet time with the wife. I'm really, really hoping we get one more outing by the end of the season. We will find that day. Hope to have my boat back by end of next week.

Ken
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2006 at 8:59pm
Ken,

If you make it down this way this weekend, give me a call. Boats all back together. Hope to check it out tomorrow.

H 508-888-3863 or C 508-367-4122.

Larry
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2006 at 7:26pm
Well Chuck, we are boating people,but if everything goes to schedule, our daughter will only be a few days old on Thanksgiving. My wife is about as understanding as they come, but I don't think even she would let me execute on that plan. BKH

Livin' the Dream

The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2006 at 7:08pm
Brian,
Thanksgiving day, that maybe a good time to take the new little one out for her first trip on the water. Boat rides always put our little ones right to sleep.
Here in Missouri our family usually takes our last ski sometime in October. The only suits we have are bathing suits.
Last year we kept the boat going through the year, usually putting it in once every three or four weeks, sometimes having to wait on the ice to melt

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2006 at 5:33pm
If it's not raining, we'll go out on Thanksgiving. Gives us something to do while the bird cooks. BKH
Livin' the Dream

tjlake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjlake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2006 at 4:24pm
Jimbo, here in Alabama we have about the same conditions. My wife puts her foot down, says no skiing on Turkey day. For putting up with me the other 10 months, I give her that!
jimbo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2006 at 3:16pm
In Central Texas, I boat year round. However, unlike you delicate flowers in the North East, I don't ski with a wetsuit or dry suit for that matter. So I usually stop skiing around Thanksgiving. I have, however gone swimming on Pearl Harbor Day (Dec 7) and scuba diving on New Years Day (with a 5 mm Farmmer John wetsuit)
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2006 at 2:13pm
75, I'm on the south side--Friendswood. Most skiing in Clear Creek, Taylor Lake, and a private lake nearby. Been in the San Jac, Bernard, Conroe too, but like the ease of 18 minutes to the ramp on Clear Creek.

This is the time of year we're dreaming of "nippy" weather. We're still waking up each morning and cursing the heat. Waiting for that first cool front to finally make it down here.

Ken, keep working on her to drive. Although if she runs you over I can understand why you might not want to push her too hard!
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2006 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by The Dude The Dude wrote:

Ken, you've got to get your wife driving. Having my wife drive today was so great. I've been used to my buddies driving and forgot how good she is at it. A smooth pull at a constant speed through the course makes all the difference! Put her in the seat and make her do it.

Easier said than done, Dude. My wife retired from driving after she ran the ski rope over and nearly ran me over a couple of times. She refuses to drive now. I need to keep encouraging her!

Ken
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2006 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by 79nautique 79nautique wrote:

Ken needs to trade up the plaid shorts for pinks ones is what I'm thinking. Hell ya drive all day and check in and your thrown in the mix, rough crowd.

It's all in the name of fun, 79!

Ken
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2006 at 1:06pm
I try, but sometimes the mind says yes but the body says no.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2006 at 1:00pm
Larry,

I had you pinned for 40's. Guess you found the secret of youth. That's encouraging. Keep up whatever you're doing!

Ken
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2006 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by Nautique2001 Nautique2001 wrote:

Larry has to be in his early 40's but looks 29. Great guy!

Ken

Thanks Ken...I'm 51. Must be that clean living.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2006 at 11:40am
It's getting pretty darn nippy in the morning. Towels, sweat gear and coffee, sounds like a plan to me. My boat is going into storage on Nov 1st. We still have two solid months, gentlemen. Tim's going to teach the deep water start approach. I'm going to purchase an instructional video to help too. I don't want to burn up all your gas, Brad.

Larry (75 Tique) works in Plymouth and lives in Sandwich. He made the trek to Natick one night and met my Dad and I. It would be great to hook up with him too. Larry has to be in his early 40's but looks 29. Great guy!

Ken
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2006 at 11:23am
75Tique- Are you in MA too?
We should definitely get together for some skiing then. I'm not a barefooter, but happy to pull you guys for the money shots :)

It is getting dark way earlier these days. Just last night we got out on the lake around 6- 6:30 and the sun was just about below the tree line. Mrs Barracuda doesn't like driving that late at night, she has a hard time seeing the boat lane with the glare/ shadows.

early mornings are perfect- bring your wetsuit and coffee!
-Brad
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2006 at 9:54am
Hey Larry,

Could be one of several simple issues why the Tique had a difficult time powering on the trailer. Was it running a long time prior to doing that? My '80 used to get vapor lock after shutting the engine off after use and turning it back on to power onto my trailer. It would sort of chug for a few seconds.

I'll let you know about Labor Day. Sounds good to me, just got to see if the wife had anything planned for us. I think Monday's going to be nice too. Can you e-mail me your phone number again?

Ken
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2006 at 9:10am
Dude,

Where in the Houston/Galveston area are you? I lived in Houston in the 80s. Skied on the San Jacinto regularly after work. Avoided it on weekends due to all the jetboat knuckleheads. Someone was always getting killed. On weekends trekked down to the San Bernard River. Great skiing there. An outing or two on Houston and Conroe, but the conditions there were usually crappy.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2006 at 9:08am
Hey guys,

Got room for one more on your fall outings? But have you noticed how short the evenings are getting. It gets pretty chilly and dark pretty early these days. Maybe an early weekend morning would be better.

Ken,

It ends up I am not going to NY this weekend due to the crappy forecast, if you want to come down. (score points with the relatives on Labor Day weekend) I've got to make sure the Tique is running ok first though. We went out last weekend. Before we got going we heard a funny noise from under the hood. Opened up to see the rubber exhaust hose just off the manifold had a hole in it, blowing exhaust and water into the bilge. I fixed that this week (more involved than you would think). But what concerns me more, when I was putting the boat on the trailer, it didn't seem to have any power. It wouldn't even push itself all the way up onto the trailer. (choke stuck maybe? - Thats what it acted like.) Not sure, it ran fine out on the lake. Anyway, I hope to do a test run shortly, I'm sure its fine. That's my only choice right now as I have sent the Supra to a consignment lot.

Anyway, a fall barefoot outing would be fun. Let's try to get a group together soon. Maybe we can give those PLBC guys a run for the money.

Hey jbear, come on up for some doubles runs. Our combined age would be 106. Would that be some kind of record?

(I still swim competitively. We "masters" swim in 5 year age groups. Relays are defined by cumulative age. My family was amused when I came home part of a team record in the 230 - 239 year age group. I guess that's why they call me "Pops".)

Sorry ... wordy post.

NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2006 at 7:19am
Oh & my latest Fall Sking:
Columbus Day weekend in N.H.
Snow flurries, light dusting covering the ground, and mirrored water.
Dock start - Slalom run.
Long wetsuit, gloves, Tuuk on head & a couple of shots of Jack D.
Verrrry Cold, but very pretty!

NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2006 at 7:10am
Hey guys,
I got a pair of Jaski shoe skis that'll make learning deeps a lot easier!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
  Share Topic