Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Owner - 85' Ski Natique Sounds System,

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
canadacc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canadacc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Owner - 85' Ski Natique Sounds System,
    Posted: September-10-2018 at 1:54pm
Hey All,

Just wanted to fire out a quick note, as I am the proud new owner of an 85' Ski Natique, which also happen to be my first ever boat.

I was quickly wondering about what would be needed, hopefully, someone can provide a simple list, of things I would need to do in order to add in a stereo system into the new boat.

The boat came with 4 speakers (2 100W, 2 150W Clarion) which I am going to build some boxes for under the gunnels and carpet, but what else is needed to get some tunes blaring for next spring?

I am handy (enough) to get this done I think, so any advice helps in terms of what is needed!
new boater always looking for help

1986 Natique 2001
stepper459 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stepper459 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2018 at 5:02pm
Congrats on the new boat. To answer your question, I wouldn't go crazy at first - you can get decent sound from a quality head unit and it will power those speakers directly. Something marine will cost more but last longer in the damp environment of a boat. A self-powered Bazooka subwoofer is a great way to fill out the sound without adding tons of complexity.

I would be remiss not to mention: make sure the boat is mechanically and structurally sound before spending any money or time on fun stuff like the stereo.

Good luck with the new boat, you're lucky to have a 2001 as your first boat! You'll find lots of helpful information here if you search around, read up on the threads that have lots of responses, etc.

Cheers.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic