Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HO Freeride slalom

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
GHTILL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GHTILL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HO Freeride slalom
    Posted: September-24-2018 at 6:47pm
Was thinking of getting a ski for the boat that would be easier for my less experienced skiers to use and was wondering if any of our members had used the HO Freeride ski.

Thoughts?
TWSS
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2018 at 8:03pm
I do not own one and have not ridden one but I believe they would be a great choice. They are a little wider for the larger skiers and also this makes it easier for newer skier to get up on a deep water start. It will not want to turn too fast for the less experienced skier.

I have a older HO Charger (69") which is from the free ride heritage and I like it a lot. I have been waiting for the proper deal to pop up on a Fee Ride myself. I am going to try a 71" since I am still a growing boy.

Keep an eye on Ski It again .com this winter or now. Dealers dump their 2017 and 2018 at low prices to bring in the 2019 models. The guys on www.ballofspray.com, speak about not buying a ski older than 4 years old. The technology changes so fast and they just keep getting better. However, I am guessing that the Free Ride has not changed over the last several years other than the skin or wrap that is placed on it. The colors dictate the year of the ski in some cases. I might be upgrading my tube this year too.
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
audiodude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote audiodude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2018 at 10:06pm
I have a freeride and like it alot. It was quite a change from my old O'Brien world team comp. Much easier to get up from deep water start. I'm a free skier and have a lot of fun with it. Not sure how it would do in a course.
1989 Correct Craft 2001

In the words of Milton Berle: "You can lead a man to Congress but you can't make him think"
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2018 at 12:30am
I have a '69" Charger also. My son went skiing with me this summer, and he had a hard time doing a deepwater start on his 67" Radar (which we bought for him ~10 years ago, and now is a bit small for him).

He is a decent skier for a guy that skis once every year or two. I gave him the Charger, and he got right up on his first attempt with it. I have skied it in the course before, and it is very forgiving, but, will perform well also for a beginner to intermediate skier. Excellent ski design, and something just about everybody can ski.
rebel skier View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rebel skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2018 at 2:09pm
How about one of these: HO Hovercraft

I have an old 71 inch magnum, which is the precursor to the freeride. It is traditional shaped. I use it to get the cobwebs off for my first few course runs annually.

They say the newer freeride has "clean edge technology" which causes less drag and allows you to ski longer. That is the only reason I would like to try one.
Hotty Toddy lets go skiing!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic