Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ski Question

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
aupatking View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aupatking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2018 at 2:41pm
Back to the A2 vs S2 question, the A2 felt fine even at 30 mph but felt overly user friendly. To that, I mean, it allowed me to ride extremely tail heavy, which didn’t help my progress, but felt great" the S2 wanted VERY specific user input (read front footpressure) butwhen given that input, it was a rocket!
A lot of great 36 mph skiers did great stuff on the S2. Definitely don’t quote me but, am I wrong but, I think Terry Winter rode the S2 for a little bit, even running -41 on it.
Personally, I loved the A2 and have been looking for one, just to have, but my art collection is too extensive these days. The wife and I disagree on our tastes in art. I don’t think she agrees that skis are wall art
02 SN 196 TSC2 ZO
01 SN 196 TSC1
98 SN 196 TSC1
97 SN 196 TSC1
93 SN 196 NWZ
dip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2018 at 5:44pm
Great conversation.

I think the guys at Denali Skis have a great write up about the issues which tie together things like knee bend, hips up and lean. Ultimately they are components of an effort to achieve optimal efficiency in the pull. They are engineers talking about it scientifically...something I imagine you might appreciate Larry. If you look at the photos of Nate and Regina in the context of what this article describes it makes sense.

This is the 3rd or 4th article in the series.

Denali GUT article
AAM196 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AAM196 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-04-2018 at 7:04pm
Oh... see there is a video showing you what to do... have boat pull you at 36mph, with a 34'
long rope and simply ski around the 6 balls... bend your knees if that helps.

Love watching that kid! So good!

Studying a guys posture as he tries to get 3 balls at 43' off isn't a good starting point.
audiodude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audiodude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2020 at 10:01am
I recently revisited this post and read Joel's report on skis.  After reading his suggestions for skis I looked on Ski it Again and found a 2018 D3 Evo for $500 and pulled the plug.  This past Sunday I finally got the chance to try it.  Wow anyone who says a ski doesn't make a difference hasn't skied a modern high end ski!  I have been skiing a 30 year old O'Brien world team comp and a HO freeride charger.  I found the Evo a little harder to get up but once up it helped complete my turns and felt so much smoother.  I have only tried a course a couple of times without much success but with this ski I think I would do better.  
1989 Correct Craft 2001

In the words of Milton Berle: "You can lead a man to Congress but you can't make him think"
DVskier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DVskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2020 at 11:29am
Yes, going from an Edsel to a Corvette Z06 would be a good comparison in your case. Consider upgrading slalom skis every 3-4 years using ski-it-again.com and you’ll be delighted with the results. Also D-3, Goode and HO have demo plans (you payshipping) that will allow you to test the brand new models that have not been beaten up. Also Perfomance Ski and Sport perfski.com, sells off their old stock and demo skis in the next month or so. I bought a 2017 Radar Senate Graphite from them as a demo in October 2017 and it has been a fantastic ski for the course. It had a handle ding that did not affect its performance at all. Best of luck with your slalom endeavors. A trip to Coble Ski School in Lilington would help you with the course. April was a world champion for many years and runs a very good ski school.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2020 at 12:12pm
Mission creep - where do you stop....... should not be pulling that new Vette with a 89 150 lol
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic