Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1999 sport nautique

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
downtime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote downtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1999 sport nautique
    Posted: October-16-2018 at 9:51pm
So I'm considering a 99 sport nautique. My last nautique was a 1985 2001 that served us well for over 7 years. Is there anything in particular I should be aware of? This has a tower and the pics online look great. Just wondering if there are any known issues for this year. thianks in advance.
tryathlete View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2018 at 8:51pm
Can you water test it before you buy it? Water testing is a big means of sorting the problems out before they belong to you.

Look around on CCF for the general tips. Things I like to check;

Steering Cable/helm condition
Rudder area for any damage.
Prop shaft with a dial indicator

Trailer: tire wear and rust/lights and bunks
sport1999 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sport1999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2018 at 11:51pm
A lot depends on condition. Engine wise, hopefully it has the gt40. Should start, run smooth, settle in idle quickly. Check all fluids. Check for water leaks at exhaust riser gasket. Always like to turn prop shouldn't have much resistance and check for play in strut bearing. Check all gauges, fuses, and lights. Check shocks on all compartments. Make sure radio and stereo work. Hopefully it has newer style fct2 tower, proper in board trailer, Bimini, and cover. Make sure vinyl is soft and no tears. 1999 is a great year and really doesn't have any 'known' issues. Post a link or pictures and more can chime in...
downtime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote downtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2019 at 11:23pm
I know i'm digging up an old post but i just found out this is still available. And thanks for the replies. The pics he's sending me looks like it sat all winter. i also just noticed its the HO 5.7 (351 carb i guess?) I could see holley under the flame arrester cover in the pics. Any idea on value? I'm thinking i could get it on the cheap. It's not at a boat dealership so i'm mostly afraid it wasn't winterized properly. I'll surely water test it first but it is nearly 100 miles away and i don't want to make a wasted trip or make the same trip twice.
downtime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote downtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2019 at 11:40pm
oops 5.8l
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic