NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Acme 1210

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
samudj01 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samudj01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Acme 1210
    Posted: October-24-2018 at 3:58pm
Christmas is coming and I am asking Santa for an Acme 1210 for the Tique. Best I have found new is around $375.

Anyone with a better source? You guys usually have a bead on a deal.

Anyone with a 1210 that they would like to part with?
78 Ski Tique, 72 Skier w/302's, 93 SN w/351 & 17 GS22 w/zr409
Previous - 99 Sport Nautique w/GT40 and 87 Martinique w/351
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2018 at 4:05pm
Delta propeller and use the code in the icon to the left top of this forum screen for a discount.
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-24-2018 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by samudj01 samudj01 wrote:

Christmas is coming and I am asking Santa for an Acme 1210 for the Tique. Best I have found new is around $375.

Anyone with a better source? You guys usually have a bead on a deal.

Anyone with a 1210 that they would like to part with?

I just bought one from Delta for $354
samudj01 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samudj01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-25-2018 at 10:53am
Thanks for the thought on Delta. I checked there but forgot about the Discount Code. Sounds like the cheapest so far, plus nice to shop with a site sponsor!

Anyone with a used one? Let me know.
78 Ski Tique, 72 Skier w/302's, 93 SN w/351 & 17 GS22 w/zr409
Previous - 99 Sport Nautique w/GT40 and 87 Martinique w/351
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-25-2018 at 11:00am
Delta is the best and they have fast shipping. Hard to find a used one, but opening up that brand new one is well worth the extra price. If you've been running a Federal on your Tique, you'll love the Acme.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-25-2018 at 11:07am
The Tique is pretty hot with the Federal. I bet it will feel like a little rocket sled with a new Acme.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-25-2018 at 11:11am
I've got a theory about Federals. If they've never been worked on, they perform pretty well, (although not anywhere close to an Acme). Once they've been worked on, they turn to rubber and perform terribly.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-25-2018 at 11:36am
I was just going to keep quiet until the comparisons started. I was going to tell David, despite the always great reviews on the Acme's that if an OJ is much cheaper, he might get comparable performance, but then a little research showed me the OJ isnt any cheaper, so no reason to not go with the Acme. This is based on my running 3 different props in a quick test session a few years ago. I went with the OJ 12 x 13. (some people who saw this said my tach was off. Could be, but the relative numbers are probably valid for comparison. Not sure if its off or not, but the chevies to tend to turn a little faster. I do have a shop tach but never hooked it up to do comparisons to the gauge at higher speeds.)

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-25-2018 at 11:43am
Larry, we ran an OJ 12x13 on our Tique and it ran really well. Not as fast as the Acme 1214, as the 1214 was better suited to a 351 and the OJ was under propped. But, I thought the OJ had good acceleration and was smooth. Prices are about the same, though. We've run an Acme on our Barracuda and I like the OJ that we have on it better.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-25-2018 at 4:10pm
If anyone were ever to instrument an acceleration test, I think the oj vs Acme debate for this application would be put to bed. I’ve done prop swaps between the 2 on similar boats running side by side on the same day and the results are pretty impressive. The oj does ok up top and “feels” plenty quick (and nearly as smooth) but the Acme provided about a boatlength of holeshot advantage- which is a lot. In this instance the Acme was faster on both boats as well. I’ve seen some oj’s run well but Acme will get my money every time, even if it were more expensive. It’s a better skiing prop too, IMHO.

Larry, id say your tach is off by almost 800rpm at those speeds. The speed vs rpm with a given prop will not change much between like-hulled boats regardless of engine. A better breathing (more hp at higher rpm) engine would simply pull longer (and thus go faster). Those numbers look to be in-family with the Ford boats though.

As far as federals go, I’ve seen some run as fast or faster than the 2 others, but they shake so much and are such dogs out of the hole (even when in perfect condition), I just couldn’t bring myself to run one for very long.

Agree that you should go with Delta, 1210’s are super rare- not sure I’ve ever seen a used one come up. 16’ correct crafts is about the only market for them.
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-25-2018 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

. 16’ correct crafts is about the only market for them.

And a couple of old wood boats, LOL

I picked one up to try on the Hurricane and Todd's Commuter. Can't fit a 13" wheel on the Hurricane, currently have a 12x15 OJ on it and it runs where I want it too but it has a little rumble at certain rpm's that I don't like. The boat is in perfect alignment so I really think it's the prop even though it's new, just part of what you get with Legend props i guess. Pretty sure the Acme will run like silk and perform the same if not better.

As for Todd's Boat, he can run a 13". Right now he has a 540 (13x12)on it which is a monster out of the hole but is spinning a littler higher than we want. I think a 430(13x13) will be too much but the 1214 12.5x13 might be perfect for both of the boats.

If we can get one more decent Saturday afternoon we'll run both boats with the new prop before they go away for the winter.
illiniball2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote illiniball2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2018 at 5:46pm
I have a 1210 on my 67 Starflite that was a mid year 2015 purchase.Hasn't been used very much. I was going to try and see if anyone is interested in the whole boat package but am resigned to think that with all it needs it will probably be parted out. The Dominique I just bought needs a new prop so I will be looking for a replacement.
Tim is a 540 what I need for a 351 Dominique?
David PM me if interested.
Beer is my friend
87 Dominique
Had 67 Starflite
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2018 at 6:06pm
Glad you grabbed that as I had waffled for a month on it... seemed very clean and a good value. The non-swivel observer seat and big block motorbox make it ripe for a 454 and a set of Bfn decals...

I don’t think we have many data points on the 351 in that hull- tough to say whether the 540 or 542 would be best. I’d suggest getting some data to see how well it runs before choosing.   The 1210 is just a cut down 540 so that’s a good first step.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic