Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

GT40 diagnostic codes

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
man0seven View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote man0seven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GT40 diagnostic codes
    Posted: October-31-2018 at 6:31pm
Hi all,
Is there a resource for all the diagnostic codes for the GT40?
We took our ‘98 SN to a mechanic and he was not able to make sense of the code 40 that it put out.
Thanks in advance
Brian
2005 Ski Nautique
JayG80 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JayG80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2018 at 10:33am
Seems like your mechanic should have a manual for the code reader with a code list.

I bought a Innova Ford Code Reader so it may have no relevance to what your guy used.
Plus I have used it once so I'm not an expert.

My manual does not have a code 40 listed in the Fault Code Definitions list. No 10,20,30,50,60,70,80 or 90.

It does describe a cylinder balance test procedure. The computer compares the power contribution that each cylinder makes to engine operation. If a cylinder isn't contributing at the same level as the others then the computer sends a 2 digit code to the Code Reader.

10 Cylinder 1 has a problem
20 Cylinder 2 has a problem
40 Cylinder 4 has a problem
90 System is OK
Left off the other 30, 50 etc for brevity.

Seems like your mechanic would have to know how to get into the proper test sequence to perform this test. There are several pages to it that I didn't bother to read. I see one of the things is to tap on the accelerator pedal 3 times.

Not sure if this is any help or not.

2007 Ski
2002 Ski
man0seven View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote man0seven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2018 at 1:04pm
Thanks Jay.
This is helpful. I ended up changing all of the injectors and I think I was able to resolve all of the issues.
Brian
2005 Ski Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic