Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Electrical help please!

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
LenCiv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LenCiv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Electrical help please!
    Posted: November-03-2018 at 10:42am
2004 SAN 216. As we all know, using the keyless ignition pad when working properly, hit start once you get power to the panel. Hit it a second time, gauges come alive and fuel pumps activate. Press and hold, engine cranks.

Here's my issue. Hit start once, panel comes alive. Hit it twice and gauges come alive BUT fuel pumps do not activate. Press and hold...nothing-no cranking.

As a temporary work around, I installed a keyed ignition switch. I bypassed the relays on the engine block so that the fuel pumps and ignition come on when the key switch is in the on position and the starter, of course, engages when I turn the key the rest of the way.

It is NOT an issue with the neutral safety switch-I bypassed it to check it.
It is NOT an issue with the safety cutoff lanyard thingy. I bypassed it to check that as well.
It is NOT either of the two relays mounted atop the engine. I swapped then replaced them.

My limited intellect tells me it's either:
A) the keypad
B) something in the breaker box
C) a wiring issue somewhere

Please help with any thoughts.

Thanks to all in advance.
Len

sport1999 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sport1999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2018 at 3:10pm
Do you have the EX330 engine? Someone may be able to help. You should be getting power to the fuel pump relays. They work similar to the GT-40 in that you should hear them prime every time you turn the key (ie. hit start twice). Was engine running okay before your issue?

Here is a link to the MEFI 4 engine manual.

http://www.planetnautique.com/CorrectCraftManuals/2005/PCMMEFIManual.pdf
sport1999 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sport1999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2018 at 3:15pm
Assuming you have the EX330...

LenCiv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LenCiv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2018 at 4:18pm
Thanks for the reply.

I do have the 330 engine. The engine was running fine prior to the issue and runs fine now. The pumps do not prime when hitting the button twice. I used the schematic posted above to "hotwire" the boat. It's not the relays. Now, when I turn my hotwired ignition key switch to "on" the pumps prime just as if you hit the start key twice. They would NOT prime with the second press of the start button and the engine wouldn't crank when I press and hold.
sport1999 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sport1999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2018 at 7:29pm
Did you check the (3) 20 AMP fuses located on the engine? They're in a small 3" harness with a cover located next to the fuel lines. Have to pop the cover to check the fuses.

I am new to the 330 engine, but have you tried to pull any codes off the engine? Not that it's related, but good to know there aren't any other issues. (I had to reset an ignition fault code after changing my cap and rotor and found this link helpful.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSEwwa6D2jM
LenCiv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LenCiv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2018 at 7:40pm
Haven't checked codes in a while since an unrelated issue a couple of years ago (some backfiring-turned out to be a bad plug).

I did check the fuses.

Thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic