NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Twin Air Horn Compressor Replacement ??

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Fiberglassic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiberglassic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Twin Air Horn Compressor Replacement ??
    Posted: November-06-2018 at 3:36pm
I was wondering if someone could give me a recommendation of a good replacement air compressor for the twin horns on my 1965 Barracuda? Also while on this subject can someone explain how the circuit of the horn actuator (in the steering wheel) works to get power to the compressor?
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2018 at 5:09pm
I haven’t had to go this route yet but I see that harbor freight has plastic air horns that come with compressors for 20-30 bucks I suspect if you could keep them try they would do pretty well as a replacement. I had some success in taking my compressor motor just enough apart to give it a little wd40 and some encouragement and it is blowing dixie again. My steering wheel switch isn’t quite firing the horn yet but it has a grounded housing (ground wire attached to a mounting bolt) and seems intended to ground the coil side of a horn relay when you press the horn ring.   
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic