Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Intake manifold identification

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
aamarine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aamarine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Intake manifold identification
    Posted: December-03-2018 at 8:06pm
Hi Guys, reaching out thru the CCF forum via a recommendation from another member. I sell boat parts and years ago we had an employee that primarily handled our engine parts. He has not worked for us for 6 years or so and I am trying to sell the engine parts he/we acquired over the years when he was working here. Unfortunately I am not an engine parts guy and I am trying to list them on ebay and I recently listed an intake manifold that my previous employee had marked 272-282-312 Ford. I had a guy from Eaton message me and said it was not for those engines but possibly Lincoln...and another person messaged me and said someone from the CorrectCraft Fan forum identified it as a Chrysler. Anyone out here recognize this? Thanks for any help. Dave, AA Marine

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2018 at 8:12pm
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
aamarine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aamarine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-03-2018 at 8:47pm
Thanks Gary S. for the discussion thread. Sounds like I came to the right place and KENO might have the right answer:

I stopped to see an old friend (old and been a friend for a long time) with a junkyard, showed him the EBAY pictures and he tells me it's a Rambler 287 or 327 intake.
Asked him what made him say that and his answer was the casting number beginning with 315
The things some people know.
I believe him (end)

To add to it.....13 years ago we bought a small batch of parts from a guy who worked at Sealed Power...which was mostly Ford stuff but I have a feeling this intake was in the lot of stuff so that is why we were leaning towards thinking it was Ford.

Thanks for sharing the thread....it amazes me the knowledge out there in this forum

Dave
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2018 at 3:24pm
I did some checking on the old fart just to satisfy my curiosity and came up with a couple of pictures of a 327 AMC 4 barrel intake with a different but not too different casting number than the 2 barrel intake.

Just like he said it starts with 315 So, I still believe him

He hardly knows his name these days, but he sure can remember some stuff from the past

juniorwoody View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juniorwoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2018 at 4:43pm
Got my interest on this one so I lifted the dog house on my Atom Skier and same manifold with 315 clear as day. Got a carb for it?
The value of money spent on new adventure far exceeds the value of money saved for the future
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic