Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

5.8 PCM Engine

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
BahamaBill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BahamaBill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 5.8 PCM Engine
    Posted: January-26-2019 at 1:14pm
Greetings. New member here and I am in the process of refurbing a 1986 Fish Nautique. I have the low hour (391) engine up for sale. If I did not already have a new 5.7 vortec from the part out of my Baha I would definitely keep it but it has to go. Here is the Craigslist link, there is a you tube link there of the engine running. Thanks for looking.

https://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/bpo/d/jupiter-marine-engine-58-pcm/6804324314.html

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BahamaBill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2019 at 1:03pm
I've had quite a few tire kickers contact me about the engine but if anyone is seriously interested there is a revised price on Craigslist and it is now listed on e-bay
https://www.ebay.com/itm/5-8-Ford-Marine-Engine/233142630616?hash=item36486238d8:g:BLEAAOSwbmFcatH9:rk:1:pf:0
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2019 at 1:35pm
Bill,
I looked at both listings and noticed you haven't mentioned the hours. You did say it's a low hour engine but the exact may help. Also, running a compression test and listing the results may help as well.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BahamaBill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2019 at 2:01pm
Peter,
Thanks for your interest. Both ads do have the hours listed at 391 total hours. I am baseing this on the tach hour meter which was installed at the same time as the engine. After the engine was installed the boat was lift kept on a freshwater lake in central Florida.. Everything that I have learned about the boat and engine so far has turned out to be valid.
I did do a compression check when I installed the new manifolds ,unfortunately the lock out function on my tester was not working and I could not get an accurate reading but all the cylinders were 100 plus lbs and appeared to be with in range. The engine is set up for running and testing, as I run it on a regular basis, anyone that is interested is welcome to do any tests on it that they require.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BahamaBill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2019 at 11:22am
Price drop. Surely someone needs an engine for a project or just a spare.
https://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/bpo/6861948696.html
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2019 at 12:51pm
Surprised someone hasn't snatched this up. Shows the sad state of affairs for inboards in south Florida.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Fl Inboards View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fl Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2019 at 12:54pm
Seems nobody will pay what this stuff is worth.
I to have a newly rebuilt "Fresh water cooled" 5.8 with trans.
Going to give it away for scrap!!
Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

1993 Shamrock "fat" 20. 2008 Nautique 196 5.0

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BahamaBill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2019 at 11:34am
Update: Engine sold and on the way to NH where its new home will be in a Shamrock.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic