NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HO Syndicate OMNI

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HO Syndicate OMNI
    Posted: February-05-2019 at 12:42am
My Syndicate S1 is showing some signs of age and is getting soft. So, I'm looking for a new ski. Most of my skiing is free-skiing, but I do run a course a dozen times per year. I'm late 50's and weigh about 200 lb.

I'm looking at the 2018 or 2019 HO Syndicate Omni. I kinda like the cross-over idea, but I really want a ski that can also perform at chasing buoys. Anybody have any real life experience on this ski? Have you run a course with it? Impressions? Other suggestions?

JQ
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2019 at 11:12am
I have no info to offer on it, but just read the description from their web site and like you am curious for some feedback. At 200 lbs. I'm wondering if you'd go with 67 or 69", you are right on the line for that decision.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2019 at 1:02pm
Lots of favorable reviews on the Ball of Spray site.   BKH
Livin' the Dream

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2019 at 11:13pm
I went on-line at balls of spray and read some good reviews. Based on all I saw, I decided to pull the trigger and just ordered a 68". The most I've ever spent on a ski....

JQ
Current

Previous

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2019 at 12:21am
Originally posted by Jonny Quest Jonny Quest wrote:

I went on-line at balls of spray and read some good reviews. Based on all I saw, I decided to pull the trigger and just ordered a 68". The most I've ever spent on a ski....

JQ

On the HO web site it shows 65, 67, and 69". How did you order a 68"?

Omni
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2019 at 1:56am
Oops. Fat finger typo. I bought the 69 inch.   2018 year model. I went with www.waterskis.com
Current

Previous

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic