Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - removing upholstery skins from '97 Ski Nautique
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

removing upholstery skins from '97 Ski Nautique

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
slmskrs View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slmskrs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: removing upholstery skins from '97 Ski Nautique
    Posted: February-10-2019 at 7:02pm
Folks, I'm trying to remove the skins from the driver's seat. The seat back has three "cushions" 9or pillows) on the top half, and I have not been able to figure out how to remove them and the skins. I can't tell if the pillow skins were done and then they were attached, or somehow done on the seat back. I have to save the skins to have them duplicated, so have to get them off intact. Anyone ever done this before? I don't know how many model years they did the driver's seat this way, but hopefully there are a number of you that have done it. I'm trying to get everything off today so I can send the skins in tomorrow. Any help is greatly appreciated.

The attached picture shows the cushions (I was able to pull the back side skin of the seat off to reveal four bolts that seem to hold a plastic plate with the pillows mounted to them. However, they are nylon nuts and only one came off. The other three are just spinning. So no way to pull it off at this point.

Help!!!!

Thanks in advance.

Gordon
Gordon '97 Ski Nautique, GT40
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2019 at 7:59pm
I would use a dremel to cut a slot in the end of the screw.

Or 2 flats on the OD, would work too.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
slmskrs View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slmskrs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2019 at 8:38pm
Thanks. I'll give it a try!
slmskrs View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slmskrs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2019 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by SNobsessed SNobsessed wrote:

I would use a dremel to cut a slot in the end of the screw.

Or 2 flats on the OD, would work too.

I did two flats. That worked. Tks!!
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2019 at 2:21pm
And every now and then , you find the right answer somewhere else like in the link below

The answer from his PN post   

link

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic