NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

sea deck or other???

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
flyweed View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2019 at 2:40pm
ManoSeven....looking good so far...I STILL haven't decided on CARPET, or Sea Deck.
'93 Ski Nautique NWZ, Air Boom Tower
Drink Tonight..for tomorrow We Ride!
man0seven View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote man0seven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2019 at 1:43am
Originally posted by flyweed flyweed wrote:

ManoSeven....looking good so far...I STILL haven't decided on CARPET, or Sea Deck.

I almost templated today but got sidetracked in gel coat repair. Maybe this weekend and hopefully in a week or so we will be putting it down. I will keep you posted.
Brian
2005 Ski Nautique
beardo73 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beardo73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2019 at 1:19pm
Hydro Turf is finally installed! Below are pictures of the boat prepped, and then, installed. I was going to do a lot more prep work to work with the contact cement, but after some discussion, we decided to use another product to bond the materials. The contact cement does not allow for much error. We wanted to be able to shift the Hydro Turf sheets to match up the grooves as perfectly as possible. So, we used an alcohol based, water proof glue that allowed shifting of the sheets. Approved for all types of materials to bond. Cleaned the crap out of floors, put on an appropriate level of glue, and stuck the Hydro Turf on.

Everything went down really smooth. It was not a bad process at all. If we would have used contact cement, I am not sure we would have had the same results. I did not get any pictures of the actual install as it was all hands on deck and sticky stuff. In hindsight, I would have set up a camera to record all of it. Next time (hopefully not on my boat!)...

Final prep pictures:

Installed Hydro Turf pictures:

1988 Correct Craft Martinique B/R, PCM 454, ~577 HRS.
FLCaptain View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FLCaptain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2019 at 1:23pm
Where did you buy the Material
beardo73 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beardo73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2019 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by FLCaptain FLCaptain wrote:

Where did you buy the Material

hydroturf.com link here!

People were great to work with.
man0seven View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote man0seven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2019 at 3:33pm
That looks awesome!! Nice work. Still working on the gel coat repairs. :(
2005 Ski Nautique
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2019 at 3:37pm
Looking great
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
flyweed View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2019 at 4:30pm
looks good..BUT....still not sure I want to do that in my 93 SN, or go with the Carpet..I am thinking I like the looks of my "carpet" a bit more than the HydroTurf. Ah...decisions...decisions
'93 Ski Nautique NWZ, Air Boom Tower
Drink Tonight..for tomorrow We Ride!
beardo73 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beardo73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2019 at 4:46pm
Certainly not for everyone... carpet is a nice classic look. Hydro Turf looks good too if you want the resto-mod look. All a winner in my book. Good luck with decisions!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic