Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Buy a boat just for the tower?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
DockDoc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DockDoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Buy a boat just for the tower?
    Posted: March-18-2019 at 10:42am
This 92 Ski local on Craigslist... link

I could get it for $8000. It has what looks to be a FCT tower (or a new dimensions). Same beam width as my 93 sport nautique, so I think it would fit.

The boat looks a bit rough on the interior, and high hours, but if it runs and has a nice trailer I would think it should be easy to sell at $7k or so, no? This is a bad idea isn't it.
1993 Sport Nautique
PCM 351w, no ProTec
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2019 at 11:42am
Interior condition and boat price are not aligned. That’s a $3500 item and he’s smack dab in the middle of market pricing (maybe a bit towards the high side). He needs to be at the low end to account for that interior.

It would be much more attractive at 4-6k. I have noticed that boat pricing in the Charlotte area is on the high side the last few years. Great place to sell but not to buy!
DockDoc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DockDoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2019 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Interior condition and boat price are not aligned. That’s a $3500 item and he’s smack dab in the middle of market pricing (maybe a bit towards the high side). He needs to be at the low end to account for that interior.

It would be much more attractive at 4-6k. I have noticed that boat pricing in the Charlotte area is on the high side the last few years. Great place to sell but not to buy!

Great insight thanks! That makes sense considering my 93 sport in excellent shape was only a little more. I'm going to try and see it anyway, maybe I can convince him to sell me the tower on its own. The boat has been on the market for at least a year.
1993 Sport Nautique
PCM 351w, no ProTec
desertskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2019 at 12:19pm
Hard to tell from the pics but is that a C channel galvanized trailer?
sport1999 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sport1999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2019 at 12:40pm
Do you think that would fit? I would guess the Sport and Ski have different beams. I know a tower can bend, but if I were adding a tower it's really nice to have an exact fit.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2019 at 1:12pm
rosconole View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosconole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2019 at 2:48pm
Looks like 7K to me , trailer looks just like the trailer I have but with different fenders and tailights are wrong. It would be alot of work to rob the tower off there. , No one in their right mind would want to leave those holes. The closer you get to Lake Wylie or Norman the higher the price.
1989 ski nautique ,1991 barefoot nautique, 1993 Mustang Cobra 1998 5.0 Magazine shootout invitee
DockDoc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DockDoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2019 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by sport1999 sport1999 wrote:

Do you think that would fit? I would guess the Sport and Ski have different beams. I know a tower can bend, but if I were adding a tower it's really nice to have an exact fit.

Both boats have a 91" beam so... I think so? Not totally sure.
1993 Sport Nautique
PCM 351w, no ProTec
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2019 at 1:28am
That tower has bends in the legs. It will not fit you boat. It has been modified.
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
DockDoc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DockDoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2019 at 10:30am
Originally posted by Donald80SN Donald80SN wrote:

That tower has bends in the legs. It will not fit you boat. It has been modified.

Interesting, how can you tell? If we have the same beam it should still fit no?
1993 Sport Nautique
PCM 351w, no ProTec
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2019 at 3:02pm
I have a FCT2 and I have a Sport Nautique. I can see that this tower would not fit my boat since the legs are bent inward.

JMO,
Donald
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic