Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Correct Plugs for GT40P???

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Mike Parmley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Parmley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Correct Plugs for GT40P???
    Posted: March-22-2019 at 5:25pm
Hello,

So I pulled my 351 this winter and had it rebuilt. I followed the recommendations from many of you and went as follows:

351 PCM RH (.30 over)
Cam Research Water Ski Cam
GT40P Heads (pulled from 97 Explorer refurbished and custom valve job, new springs)
Edelbrock Performer Intake
Holley Marine Avenger 4 bbl
D.U.I Electronic Ignition

My question is which spark plug to utilize in the new heads?

I can go with the standard/performance plug for the 97 Explorer or mimic what PCM used on the later engines with the GT40P's but wanted to know if any of you have any suggestions/experience?????

Thanks
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2019 at 5:39pm
Don't know what your "standard /performance" plug is for the Explorer but in Autolite numbers it is probably an Autolite 104 or 764 and that's the same plug that most people here use in a GT-40p.

If you want to spend money you can go with the AP or APP versions of the same plug.

The 104 is a full threaded version of the 764, otherwise it functions the same. They're interchangeable
Mike Parmley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Parmley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2019 at 6:05pm
Keno,

Thanks for the follow up. By standard/performance I meant essentially what you listed.

The standard Autolite/Motorcraft/NGK?

or

The Iridium/Platinum/Golden laced laser cut carbon copper titanium blah blah blah........... load of marketing crap of the week buzz word.

I just didn't know if anyone had found a better than most combination.

Thanks
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2019 at 6:14pm
DUI says you can gap them at .055 inch using their distributor, due to all that firepower
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic