NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1961 wing window

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Thomasn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomasn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1961 wing window
    Posted: April-01-2019 at 2:12pm
I 'm a new member, been lurking some time now and just got accepted. I just purchaed a 1961 CC boat project, 17 ft mahogany, 6 cyl intercepter 100hp engine and will be needing a few items that I am short of.
The main one I want soon is the starboard, driver side wing window that is mounted to the windshield base mount.
I will also be requesting advice for who would be recommended for the side ways carb rebuild and where and what will be needed for the water pump rebuild or purchase.
Thanks in advance
TF
Thomasn
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2019 at 2:29pm
TF,
The Carter YH is a pretty easy rebuild that you may what to consider doing yourself.

There are plenty of kits available.

What model CC did you get? Pictures are welcome.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Thomasn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomasn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2019 at 2:40pm
Thank you for the instant reply, I was so excited to get a response I did not even log into the recommended site. I will back up there shortly!
I think it might be an atom skier, according to what pictures I have seen on this forum. I am right now trying to transfer some pictures from my phone to my email so I can post them on site.
Thanks again,
TF
Thomasn
Thomasn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomasn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2019 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by Thomasn Thomasn wrote:

Thank you for the instant reply, I was so excited to get a response I did not even log into the recommended site. I will back up there shortly!
I think it might be an atom skier, according to what pictures I have seen on this forum. I am right now trying to transfer some pictures from my phone to my email so I can post them on site.
Thanks again,
TF

I tried to post a picture, but dont know what I got here, please forgive me
tf
Thomasn
Thomasn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomasn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-02-2019 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

TF,
The Carter YH is a pretty easy rebuild that you may what to consider doing yourself.

There are plenty of kits available.

What model CC did you get? Pictures are welcome.
Ok, I decided from the forum pictures it is a Compact Skier. I am having trouble trying to upload pictures.
I had the fuel tank cleaned and ready to install. The Carburater is in a local shop. I will remove the fuel pump today and take to Napa to see if we can match it up. Next will be the water pump hopefully a simple kit fix, and then hoses. Then, with any luck it will be ready to start for the first time in 6-8 years. It is the 100 hp intercepter, 6 cylinder [ford] I think?
If the engine is bad I will be thinking replacement. Something easy on talent and price.
As for the wood refinish, I have the deck 80% stripped and hopefully I can bleach it this weekend. I am sealing all the bilge seams with Sikoflex and gray bilge paint
Thomasn
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2019 at 9:47am
Send me pics to my e-mail. The wing window-- you need just the plexi-glass portion?

mtmabe@northstate.net

Marty Mabe
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
Thomasn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomasn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2019 at 2:58pm
Thanks Marty Mabe, I need the entire wing window, housing as well as the plastic. I am having trouble trying to get my pictures to and from this puter. I recently changed all my services and not savvy enough yet. It's the same old problem, old dog and new tricks??
The housing is the main thing. I have the port side and can fabricate the plastic part.
Thanks Marty,
T
Thomasn
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2019 at 4:42pm
e-mail me

mtmabe@northstate.net

66 Skylark
93 SN
Thomasn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomasn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2019 at 9:46pm
Thanks Marty, I did send you an email,
Thanks again
T
Thomasn
Thomasn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomasn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2019 at 10:33pm
Exactly what I want,
Thomasn
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2019 at 8:51am
They 're coming your way. This is my last set CCFans. Help me lookout for more. Also the Flagstaff..
Both items were used on other makes of boats not just Correct Crafts.
Any of you CCFans near Boat Salvage Yards- scour those places for windshield brackets,flagstaffs,wing windows, etc...
66 Skylark
93 SN
Thomasn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomasn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2019 at 11:40am
Thank you for all your help. I will be touch,
TF                                               
Thomasn
Thomasn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomasn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2019 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by MartyMabe MartyMabe wrote:

They 're coming your way. This is my last set CCFans. Help me lookout for more. Also the Flagstaff..
Both items were used on other makes of boats not just Correct Crafts.
Any of you CCFans near Boat Salvage Yards- scour those places for windshield brackets,flagstaffs,wing windows, etc...

Well, I just want the entire membership to know how well MARTY MABE treated me with the requested brackets. They were the exact ones I needed. He sent them all the way across th country. And now I have a dilema, as to what to send him to get even for all his effort and time, as well as the $ value to send him. He never even put a price on them or noted the shipping expense. Also included 3 neat floating key chains.
I am not sure what to send him, but I really want to be fair on price and effort. He just is leaving it up to me I guess?
I will keep you posted, It is just plain cool to have a person like him as a new friend.
TF
Thomasn
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2019 at 9:11pm
Tom,
I can't say enough about the generosity Marty has shown many times here on CCfan. You may never get a $$ figure from him and if not, then maybe think about a donation to the site. Yes, Marty is truly one great CCfan member.   

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Thomasn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomasn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2019 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Tom,
I can't say enough about the generosity Marty has shown many times here on CCfan. You may never get a $$ figure from him and if not, then maybe think about a donation to the site. Yes, Marty is truly one great CCfan member.   
All I can say is you are absolutely right. No matter what, I got to try to get even with him. So cool to have people like him in our circle
TF
Thomasn
Thomasn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomasn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2019 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by MartyMabe MartyMabe wrote:

e-mail me

mtmabe@northstate.net

Just so everybody knows, Marty Mabe, made an extra effort to get me these wing windows and I am very thankfull for his trust and effort. They will be rechromed and I now have all the parts and pieces to restore our 1961 CC.
Thanks again MartyMabe,
TF
Thomasn
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic