Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Centek Mufflers for SN2001?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
kbahus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbahus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Centek Mufflers for SN2001?
    Posted: April-13-2019 at 1:51pm
I discovered one of the mufflers on our 87 2001 is very poor condition and leaking, it looks like it must have froze and broke at some point. I would like to replace both mufflers and the hoses. I found ski boat specific mufflers from Centek that look like they will work, but their website states for above-waterline applications only. Are these the proper mufflers to order or do I need to find a set specifically for below waterline applications? I noticed the units for sale by Skidim.com look like the Centek units, but they state for below waterline use. Hoping to get some clarification before spending the money.

Here is the Centek muffler: https://www.centekmarine.com/products/3-x-3-verna-ski-4-34-x-39-50/
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2019 at 2:27pm
I have a feeling that Centek put's the statement in as a just in case of a liability problem.

Direct link

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
67 ski nat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 ski nat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2019 at 12:07pm
Interesting their fiberglass elbows do not say ‘above’ waterline.   Excelllent opportunity to delete mufflers. Put money into one piece new flex exhaust tube.
gt40KS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gt40KS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2019 at 3:15pm
Well Daryn, there are those here that prefer the hush quiet of a luxury sedan or better yet an all electric car. Thus, of course, also preferring such an atmosphere at the lake -
Not me, mind you .... QUITE the opposite ... but some.          
Each to their own I suppose.   
JCCI
1995 Ski Nautique GT40
kbahus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbahus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2019 at 5:28pm
Putting in a full length section of corrugated hose would be easy, but I think it would add a substantial amount of noise. The family and lake neighbors probably wouldn't appreciate it. Too bad the hose cost so much or I would give it a try in the event it's not much louder.
scootdogydog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scootdogydog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2019 at 5:44pm
I've got a couple of great condition used ones if you're interested. Pm me
1999 Python
1980 Ski Tique
1968 Mustang WIP
67 ski nat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 ski nat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2019 at 2:58pm
I recently saw I member selling a setup on this forum to convert. I sure understand quite, some of the Harley’s are ridiculous. Only you know your family and lake.
FLCaptain View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FLCaptain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2019 at 3:34pm
Naysayers gonna naysay. But a 3 inch pipe flows 140 gallons a minute. A 4 inch is 240 a minute. So on the good side. If your exhaust blows you’ll sink in just about 15 minutes with a 3 inch inlet given a 300 cubic foot older boat. So I’d go with the straight rubber pipe or the below water exhaust.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic